LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
They already need replacing on our 2020 Carthago! I made a warranty claim but it was rejected out of hand. Carthago accused me of everything under the sun including not washing it often enough, not washing it properly, using the wrong materials and leaving it standing idle for eight months! They have just made this up. I can prove from the tracker that it has never been left standing idle for anything like eight months.

Are you getting replacements from Carthago or having some made up by a sign writer? If the latter, I would be interested in knowing where you get them from and what you think of them.
I am getting some made from 3M vinal it’s better quality than the shite that Carthago use, Carthago want around £2,500 for a decal kit that won’t last,
and don’t get me going about Carthago warranty 🤬🤣🤣

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I am getting some made from 3M vinal it’s better quality than the shite that Carthago use, Carthago want around £2,500 for a decal kit that won’t last,
and don’t get me going about Carthago warranty 🤬🤣🤣
Be interested to know how you get on and see the finished product👍

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I do wonder if the resale would be effected, I don't intend to sell for quite a while if at all and can add them whenever I need/want to.

I would probably just stick the “Globecar” logo one on, that’ll be enough…😎

Jun 6, 2022
Bottesford, Scunthorpe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
There is someone selling full sets (cant find a link atm) for all types of MH, a mate of mine is doing his own van conversion and prt of the requirements to allow it to be classed as a MH is to have decals on it along with water tank etc.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Personally, I like it Naked.
Less faff in a few years time when replacement decals have also faded, and as it will be plain, nice to wax polish.
If however putting a few bobs worth of stickers back on raises its price by a few grand (daft but possible), then you stick them back on and sell whilst new and dont delay to let the new ones get faded again.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
They already need replacing on our 2020 Carthago! I made a warranty claim but it was rejected out of hand. Carthago accused me of everything under the sun including not washing it often enough, not washing it properly, using the wrong materials and leaving it standing idle for eight months! They have just made this up. I can prove from the tracker that it has never been left standing idle for anything like eight months.

Are you getting replacements from Carthago or having some made up by a sign writer? If the latter, I would be interested in knowing where you get them from and what you think of them.
You may want to use the consumer law as goods need to be fit for purpose, those decals are part of the vehicle you purchased it is no different to paint flaking off the bodywork. A vehicle standing still on a highway is no different to one being driven on a highway it is exposed to the same weather (UV, rain snow etc)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I would much prefer it if vans were decal free. The majority look cheap and nasty in my eyes and pointless.
Maybe unless it’s a Hymer 😉😃😎👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
My replacement decals for my Autocruise Rhythm Compact drivers side cost £430 , had to put them on because the fridge upper vent and a patch on the panel between the side window and fridge vent decided to rust. The paint was £1600. Local bloke would have charged me £200 for just a plain strip of vinyl, but it would have taken days to get the old ones off.
Just got to respray the roof now as it's flaking off, cheers Fiat, thanks Autocruise!!!!!
I know this post was some time ago but can you tell me where you got the decals, please?

Dec 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2000
I know this post was some time ago but can you tell me where you got the decals, please?
West Country Motorhomes @ Brent Knoll (01278 761204) by mail order and also Lowdhams. I still haven't put them on yet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back