Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
We checked out an (overpriced) Hymer B534 (2017) at our local dealers in Inverness who seem very reluctant to do a deal on our Hymer B544, but did reluctantly give me a p/x figure which was a bit below what I was expecting. But I think we all do that.

Also tried SMC for one of their used Frankias, our Hymer is 62 plate reg. They came back and said they would not be interested in such an old model.....checking their website, they have motorhomes for sale with 2012 registrations.

Maybe the motorhome trade is doing such a roaring business it can be picky over what they want to deal with ??

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Unfortunately, it looks like the COVID boom in motorhome prices has gone. The COVID buyers have gone back to flying off elsewhere. After all, who wants to have to drive, empty their own toilet waste and cook for themselves when they can be waited on as the deserve. šŸ˜Ž

Many dealers have full forecourts and donā€™t really want to ā€œbuy inā€ any more.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Not the same but similar. I watched a YouTube video about a guy who spent Ā£130k on a new EV (Porsche) Two years later he'd had enough of his EV and went back to the dealership where he bought it, wanting to trade it in for a petrol version. They valued it at Ā£60k+ but wouldn't accept it because they had a yardful of unsold used EVs! :whistle2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Unfortunately, it looks like the COVID boom in motorhome prices has gone. The COVID buyers have gone back to flying off elsewhere. After all, who wants to have to drive, empty their own toilet waste and cook for themselves when they can be waited on as the deserve. šŸ˜Ž

Many dealers have full forecourts and donā€™t really want to ā€œbuy inā€ any more.

Drove past SMC in Newark the other day. I don't think they could another one on their forecourt! They're absolutely packed out.

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
Drove past SMC in Newark the other day. I don't think they could another one on their forecourt! They're absolutely packed out.
Serves SMC right! When I was looking at a new Globecar and I had nothing to trade in, they wouldn't even talk one penny discount for not lumbering them with a trade in.
I bought my new van from another dealer, who respected the cash buyer with no trade in ...

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Incredible that a dealer can refuse a 62 plate as too old, wow, business must be great for them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back