Day trips in Cheshire (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2004
One of my favourite things about motorhome life is sitting outside the van with the dogs at my feet watching the world go by. A good part of any motorhome holiday is spent doing this, but I wonder if anyone can recommend any public places in Cheshire or the surrounding areas where I could do this with appearing weird (or getting arrested!). I'm thinking of maybe a country park where I can sit outside my van admiring the view, rather than just the car park. Or maybe a layby on a quiet road where I can sit and enjoy the scenery for a couple of hours.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Chester is very nice but it's a car park next to the river. Little Roodee carpark that allows motorhomes . Around £10 -12 or thereabouts. A few mins walk along the walls to town.

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
One of my favourite things about motorhome life is sitting outside the van with the dogs at my feet watching the world go by. A good part of any motorhome holiday is spent doing this, but I wonder if anyone can recommend any public places in Cheshire or the surrounding areas where I could do this with appearing weird (or getting arrested!). I'm thinking of maybe a country park where I can sit outside my van admiring the view, rather than just the car park. Or maybe a layby on a quiet road where I can sit and enjoy the scenery for a couple of hours.
Come to Haslington and park in the big layby near Wellesley Avenue... there's a chippy, an Ego pub, a butchers, a bakery, Co-op and some nice walks. This coming weekend there's a dog show on the village green. The Hawk pub welcomes dogs and there's a cricket club with a bar!

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Bickerton Hills and give your dogs a decent run or the copper mine hills , park free at the cafe and walk as far as you like, it's on the Sandstone trail.

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Bickerton Hills and give your dogs a decent run or the copper mine hills , park free at the cafe and walk as far as you like, it's on the Sandstone trail.
I love Bickerton hills... Cheshire farm ice cream isn't too far either

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
You do not say where you are based.

East Cheshire has -

Alderley Edge (not sure about parking)

'Cat and Fiddle' pub on road to Buxton - is it Cheshire or Derbyshire? Or lots of parking on the Moors.

Tatton Park, Knutsford.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back