Dash Cam saves the day (eventually) (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

FZ

Mar 15, 2024
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
Thought I would post this up as these personal friends of mine have been through the wringer over a possible and incorrect speeding offence in their 2013 Autosleeper Lancashire when returning home from a trip.

They asked me to 'spread the news around' so here it is although it doesnt go much into the stress that they have gone through, not to mention the expense of fighting the 'alleged offense'!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3wpq1n8e61o

OP
OP
F

FZ

Mar 15, 2024
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
Missing signage which is why they didn’t want to acknowledge his dash cam footage as that proved the signs were not appropriate

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
But he was speeding. What did the dash cam show - was the signage missing or just too vague?

It says. "Mr Anderson was able to produce dash cam footage that showed there were no road signs present indicating the temporary speed limit."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
It says. "Mr Anderson was able to produce dash cam footage that showed there were no road signs present indicating the temporary speed limit."
So why did his lawyer have to resort to the more dubious "There's no hard and fast rule to state how far apart or close together signage needs to be,". That has a whiff of loophole tbh

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I suspect the authorities would have had to repay many fines and rescind many points if it had gone to Court and he had been found not guilty. They had probably been bluffing all along, they only pulled the case the day before the hearing which to me speaks volumes. He has been treated very shabbily.

A friend of mine got a speeding fine refunded 5 years after she had paid it. Another motorist contested a fine and proved that the speed camera in question was not positioned where the legal documents said it was. All the speeding cases for several years had to be cancelled.

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
"Mr Smith, a road traffic lawyer, said his client "stuck to his guns and turned out to be right"."
If I was paying 12k in legal fees I would want my solicitor to be a bit more convinced of my case

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
So why did his lawyer have to resort to the more dubious "There's no hard and fast rule to state how far apart or close together signage needs to be,". That has a whiff of loophole tbh
That’s a bit harsh IMO, why produce footage of an alleged offence if you thought you were guilty. If even as you say, he got off on a loophole, then he still didn’t commit any offence.

It’s much easier to pay the fine and have the points than spend 12k fighting it. Especially if you are guilty, which he wasn’t.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back