Cruise control (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 29, 2024
Castle Hedingham, Halstead, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Exp
Hi, does anyone know anything about this cruise control, I’m not sure if it works, but would like to find out more about it.

IMG_0249.jpeg

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Does the speed limiter actively brake to keep you below the limit, on a long downhill stretch for example, or does it just limit the throttle to stop you accelerating over 62mph?
If you knock it out of gear on a long downhill I think you can go as fast as you like.
If you are in gear then it will try to limit the speed, you certainly can't accelerate and the the dash constantly flashes warnings.

But with 16 teenagers on board and a long canoe trailer behind, coming down off Shap Fell in the M6 I'm not going to even try to find out exactly what my upper limit is.
:giggle:

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
On a Ducato it just limits the throttle, I never use now it's caught me out a few times. Been through a village pulling out onto the bypass, put foot down, nothing happens & go into panic mode before I remember it's turned on.
I think the limiter limits you to whatever you set, but you can "push" through the limit if you need to, it's not an absolute limit.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back