Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We are thinking of going to Cropredy for the first time this year with our 7.5M motorhome. Can anyone advise what the camping provision is like there. Flat? Hilly?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Flat with a short walk (5mins) to the venue field, with water, Elsan and toilets

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We are thinking of going to Cropredy for the first time this year with our 7.5M motorhome. Can anyone advise what the camping provision is like there. Flat? Hilly?

Depends which field you get put in which depends on what time you arrive and from which direction,personally I park up just down the road the night before and get in early to 7a which is ridge and furrow in the direction of parking so you either have to be on the top or in the bottom but it does help with the spacing šŸ‘ and then don't park by the canal as there's a boat that has an all night party on the Saturday šŸ˜ 
Fields 6 and 11 are the first to get filled up and are on a downward slope and very closely parked.1 and 2 are flat,7b and 7c are for tents etc, can't comment on the others I'm afraid.
The access for all fields 7 is from the A423 down through Great Bourton,the rest are from the A361.

As I said it all depends on what time and from which direction you arrive,after that you won't have a choice!

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We went last year, never again, units parked about 6ft apart, total chaos in my opinion.

The music was crap too.

Aug 14, 2017
Princes Risborough
Funster No
MH
Fleurette
Exp
18 months
We went last year and were dissapointed with the music. the field that we pitched in was very long grass and quite wet. We struggled to get off the pitch after the weekend and needed some help pushing us off. We have been to quite a few festivals and this is one that we wont be going back to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Festivals are funny things. The same people go and have entirely different impressions. My 2 cousins who are brothers have been going for many years. Itā€™s their relax after marshalling at Glastonbury which theyā€™ve also been doing for years. So long in fact that their offspring do it too! Andrew has one son but Steve has 9 children, not all are into music though.

We love Upton upon Severn Blues Festival but are temporarily vanless so better luck next year. Glastonbury would be my idea of hell but to us itā€™s ā€œPilton pop festivalā€ best listened to from Nickā€™s Mumā€™s back garden when there was only one stage.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Festivals are funny things. The same people go and have entirely different impressions. My 2 cousins who are brothers have been going for many years. Itā€™s their relax after marshalling at Glastonbury which theyā€™ve also been doing for years. So long in fact that their offspring do it too! Andrew has one son but Steve has 9 children, not all are into music though.

We love Upton upon Severn Blues Festival but are temporarily vanless so better luck next year. Glastonbury would be my idea of hell but to us itā€™s ā€œPilton pop festivalā€ best listened to from Nickā€™s Mumā€™s back garden when there was only one stage.

Exactly,each to their own,this will be my 15th Cropredy,one of the friendliest festivals,everyone laid back and never any trouble,formed many friendships over the years especially the four of us who can always be found down the front and bump into ChrisSue at some stage šŸ‘

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Exactly,each to their own,this will be my 15th Cropredy,one of the friendliest festivals,everyone laid back and never any trouble,formed many friendships over the years especially the four of us who can always be found down the front and bump into ChrisSue at some stage šŸ‘
We're far to old to be down the mosh pit with you youngsters :ROFLMAO:

To the OP; it's a Festival the guys who are parking you up are volunteering. They haven't gone through the CAMC course on backing up to the white peg. They are smiling and helpful at 7am when the campsite opens and, they actually don't know how many units are coming into each field. They do a great job along with clearing the litter throughout the weekend. All done by the local Scouts. Or was. As some may know there was a tragic fatal accident involving Scouts, on the Great Orme a couple of years ago and the Scout Association are reviewing their procedures. This has meant that Oxfordshire County have told the Banbury District Scouts that they are taking over. This has not gone down well with either the local Scouts or Fairport themselves whose argument is that they have worked with the local guys for 30 years and both sides understand each other.

Anyway we'll hopefully see some Funstets there

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Who are Funstets? šŸ˜‚

Just to give you an idea this is last year. We are the nearest van, opposite is eldest son with his wife (he's the hairy one) and the tent at the end is youngest son and his fiancƩe. That is what Fairport at Cropredy is about

20230810_085044.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back