Costa lotta Sosta! - Colico - Lake Como (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
I know Colico very well from past visits motorcycling and staying in the waterfront Hotel Risi. This was my first visit with a motorhome staying at:

Current cost is 30 Euros per night with 1.5 Euros for a hot shower (token operated). So really 33 Euros per day for most couples.

Pros
Right on the water's edge adjacent to the beach area
An easy walk to Colico centre and its many restaurants - So quite unique from that perspective
Good access to the ferry network from Colico
Good access to trains down the east side of Lake Como stopping at the likes of Varena with the possibility of travelling with your Ebike to explore the likes of Lecco, Varena and via ferry the west coast of Menaggio and environs.
Adjacent to a decent walking/cycling path along the Lake edge and following the River Adda. The path then connects to routes to as far away as Sondrio!
A good base for windsurfers
A couple of "ensuite" loos and showers that are kept clean to a high standard.
Decent wifi
EHU
All facilities wheelchair accessible
The walk into centre is about 600 metres, largely pedestrianised and level and thus a good bet for those with reduced mobility.
A handful of good supermarkets locally to stock up (Conad City is probably the biggest and best and has parking outside).

Cons
The cost
You share the "ensuite" loos with bolder beach users as there is a sign pointing to disabled loos clearly displayed on the beach. They are also use as staff loos for the adjoining restaurant (That said they remain clean and useable).
Being a Sosta you cannot pre-book. You just have to turn up. First week in September I had no problem turning up mid-afternoon on a Monday and there were a couple of spaces all week.

There are much quieter sites nearby in Piona where you can pre-book but they do not have the advantage of accessibility to Colico centre and the restaurants which was the main attraction for me (I particularly recommend Il Faro which is the first one you come to on your walk into the centre)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back