LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have had CoPilot Caravan app for yonks and it has always used full postcodes, suddenly it doesn’t recognise the last two letters so needs the address putting in as well, anybody else found this or am I special?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Do you need a map update? Also co pilot can be a bit slow sometimes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do you need a map update? Also co pilot can be a bit slow sometimes.
Maps were updated not long ago but I could try again, been OK on these maps though, if nobody else is having bother I will delete them and reinstall.

I used to put in postcode and it gave the option of a house number and street/road or postcode centre but now it just ignores the last two digits of postcode and wants the address.

Jul 20, 2019
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur LVX855 A
Exp
Since 2001
Just tried our copilot (Caravan version) which was updated a few weeks ago and all working fine. Full post code can be entered.

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
So far so good with our CoPilot early days of use. Once the parameters were tightened down and the limitations accepted and understood (I think!) we found the routing to be pretty decent for our purposes (7.5mtr motorhome). The routes offered have been more than acceptable and re-routing is generally quite quick and relatively painless when a sudden deviation is sprung upon you. Searching for locations can be a bit slow, but as long as it finds what we're searching for, we can live with the slower response time.

Adding lat/long co-ords is straightforward, and there's enough options to quickly select from to match the format of the co-ords you're trying to use - certainly easier than entering co-ords on my Garmin Montana 600, that's for sure! With waypoints being able to be added in a jiffy, making sure you take a road/route that you want to is simples (providing it meets your size configuration, obviously).

We're using a 6th gen 9" pre-loved iPad and it works very nicely, allowing us both to make use of it during travelling, and because it is a familiar device the learning curve has been absolutely minimal for us both. The real test comes in September when we are heading back to France for a 3 week tour, fingers crossed!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back