Controlling the volume on a bluetooth amplifier (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We ditched the regular radio ages ago, mostly because we spend most of our time out of UK signal range but I also wanted to use the space for a 9 inch camera monitor.

We've been using a bluetooth speaker, which is ok but now thinking of fitting a bluetòoth amp to the motorhomes currently redundant speaker set up. The issue I have with just using the phone is that my copilot likes to control the volume but will inevitably mess up the mapping if she tries to do this using the phone. There's no problem finding a bt amp with an old fashioned knob on it but I can't get my head around hiding the wires to it. I'm considering, pullinig one apart, concealing the unit and remotely mounting the volume control but wondering if there is a cleverer way?

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Most of the Chinesium Bluetooth amps come with a remote control - would that not be more suitable?

In the past I've built a few raspberry pi players with amps, one of them had an extension lead available to a front control panel, but I can't find them out there atm.

Or alternatively, an alexa based system powering the speakers.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Most of the Chinesium Bluetooth amps come with a remote control - would that not be more suitable?

In the past I've built a few raspberry pi players with amps, one of them had an extension lead available to a front control panel, but I can't find them out there atm.

Or alternatively, an alexa based system powering the speakers.
Ive foundcthem with a control panel or a remote pad but was hoping to make it as analogue as possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back