Consort motorhomes "Lifes too short" (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Ive been watching these 2 for a while now, and found them ending up going to Consort motorhomes for a new van, a converter at Leeds having been let down by a VW transporter not happening.
Though initially, Id say they are just not my cup of tea. but I find them strangely watchable and a lovely couple

They visited Consort here to view the vans at manufacturers and I like the look of the show round the boss gave (advert obvs) but seems a decent company

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
I think they were at the factory for three days, as they had three different outfits on during the clip, I bet Scot was tearing his hair outšŸ˜‰šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
But yes, their vans are absolutely first class. Had ours just 12 months now, and are absolutely delighted. The quality/fit/finish is in another class, and they are a delight to deal withšŸ‘

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We love those guys, we'd like to buy a van off them tomorrow. Their vans are very well built, but they don't make a fixed bed version. A fixed bed with a garage underneath is the only PVC layout I can live with. Making beds up every night. Yuk, we did that in the 90's, refuse to do it now.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I want a rear lounge area so looked at the Consort Reef but they donā€™t do part exchange and I really donā€™t want the faff of selling my van myself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
I think they were at the factory for three days, as they had three different outfits on during the clip, I bet Scot was tearing his hair outšŸ˜‰šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
But yes, their vans are absolutely first class. Had ours just 12 months now, and are absolutely delighted. The quality/fit/finish is in another class, and they are a delight to deal withšŸ‘
Couldn't agree more, our Consort Oslo has been a delight to own especially as we have the ZF auto.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Scot who runs Consort set up Vantage motorhomes, we had our first van from him when he first set up Vantage, I think we went to see it being built in those premises . They were really nice to buy from and it was a great van.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Ive been watching these 2 for a while now, and found them ending up going to Consort motorhomes for a new van, a converter at Leeds having been let down by a VW transporter not happening.
Though initially, Id say they are just not my cup of tea. but I find them strangely watchable and a lovely couple

They visited Consort here to view the vans at manufacturers and I like the look of the show round the boss gave (advert obvs) but seems a decent company

the

Agreed.Thought the same.Not the most exciting couple but not as annoying as many.I really don't get this obsession with needing to compromise on the length of van.Height and width yes to a point.

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
We love those guys, we'd like to buy a van off them tomorrow. Their vans are very well built but they don't make a fixed bed version. A fixed bed with a garage underneath is the only PVC layout I can live with. Making beds up every night. Yuk, we did that in the 90's, refuse to do it now.
We thought the same Jim but after having our hobby with 2 singles over the garage and front dinette for 8 years we wanted something more comfortable and liked the wrap around rear lounge.The duvalays fit neatly under the side bunk and literally take seconds to get out. In our view it's a small price to pay for the extra comfort, and the boot swallows our recliner chairs, BBQ, levelling blocks, hook up leads, wind break and more.
Alan.

Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
Can only echo what others have said, Consort are a first class company. Products and after sales service. Very few excel in both areas. One of the things mentioned in the video, Scot and Janes experience themselves in using camper vans. When looking at dozens of vans before buying, you could see Consort had thought through the small details. A camper van designed by somebody who has extensively used camper vans themselves, counts much more than you may think.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I have been watching these for over 12 months, they have struggled with decision making as they only ever wild camp and didnā€™t want to go bigger for fear of not being able to park. Even though I suggested going to 6m they decided on 5.44m and I respect that, anything bigger than their VW will fell enormous, but I just wonder whether this Nova will get stopped for a 3rd and final van a 6m one when they realise their worries were not well founded.
Lets face it if Northernraider can wildcamp in his beast if a van they can too šŸ˜‰

Mar 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Rear lounge PVC's just don't work for me. Making beds is a pain, half your useful storage is full of bedding and no large garage.
Yeah completely agree. Plus rear lounge looks good but you can;t really have many people sat there as the gap between the seats in a panel van mean your knocking knees together. Ken likes a 'flop' though throughout the day so that would have influenced the decision. I couldn't be bothered playing bed jigsaw every night and reckon they will end up leaving the bed setup, not using the lounge and sitting in the front of the van on an evening.

Was impressed though by the quality of the fixtures and fittings of the Consort van and being a local, like them getting the additional exposure.

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
Didn't Scott used to own Vantage motorhomes?! has it been renamed Consort. Just interested.

Mar 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Didn't Scott used to own Vantage motorhomes?! has it been renamed Consort. Just interested.
Think it was signature motor homes (Preston) who bought Vantage and then the previous owners eventually setup Consort after selling Vantage.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
They went for the Nova, in the end, 5.4m.
Think I need to get out more, watching all this sort of stuff on YouTube, when I should be out in my VanšŸ™ˆšŸ˜‰šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
We watch YouTube in our can, 2 birds etc

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
Oh I see, I based my self build van conversion on the Vantage Ora with a few alterations, that's 7 years ago now so I stopped following them after the conversion and didn't realise that had happened. Thanks for the info.

Aug 2, 2023
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
VW T6 & tents.
Rear lounge PVC's just don't work for me. Making beds is a pain, half your useful storage is full of bedding and no large garage.
Yeah completely agree. I couldn't be bothered playing bed jigsaw every night and reckon they will end up leaving the bed setup, not using the lounge and sitting in the front of the van on an evening.
Storage is an issue in a rear lounge PVC, but we've found that the Devon Aztec XL has both a rear lounge and probably the biggest boot along with more internal storage than most we looked at. Turning the rear seats into a big double takes about 1 minute, and careful choice of bedding drastically reduces the time to make the bed up.

Ultimately it's a compromise and everyone has different criteria and priorities. We went for an Aztec XL so we had all the available internal space available for us to use all day and night.

Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
We find the garage or boot in our Consort Oslo more than big enough, with space to spare. We rarely fill it completely. As to making beds in rear lounge, it's not a problem for us, we don't remove the bedding just put a thin blanket over the twin beds and just use them as seats. At night it's only a 5 second job to pull the centre section together. But we're fair weather campers, usually only in good weather, so spend most of our time outside.

Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
Scott sold Vantage and went travelling for 2 years. When he returned he started Consort made some improvements to the original design. A lot of the staff at Consort are ones who worked for him at Vantage. Which says a lot.
We compared the equivalent Vantage to the Consort van we bought. The Vantage was top our list until we saw the Consort. Scot improved and modernised the design in a number of areas, and what sealed the deal when we bought two years ago was the fact the Consort was much cheaper too.

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Us and 2 of our friends all have fixed rear beds and wouldnā€™t change. So weā€™ve all had to buy continental vans, I donā€™t think any British manufacturers offer them but I think they are missing part of the market. i.e the new Bailey vans which are a great first attempt, but no fixed bed. The backs of the seats in a rear lounge are also low, like a caravan which we never found the most comfortable, unless you swing your legs around and pile a few cushions behind you. Whereas all our seats have full back & neck support, plus you can swing around and put your feet up.

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
The thought of making up a bed every night would turn me away from a Whoosh Bang. For that sort of money they could buy a coach built motorhome with much more living space and made up bed.

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I had the Autocruise PVC with the fixed rear with the corner part "chopped" off, was fine as my missus was only 5ft tall :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back