Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
A
We have conkers rolling around in door pockets (or similar) in the car and the van. Don’t know who puts them there, or why. Certainly not me :)

There’s fir cones in the cave at the back. Been there for years. Another mystery.
And shells.

What use are they?

Still, must keep the crabs away 'cos we've never had one in the house!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I must have been a great inconvenience because my only other sibling was my sister who was 21 years my senior and was in the same nursing home at the same time as my Mum and had her own son there 4 days before my Mum had me. She used to joke that I, (his uncle) was younger than her son (my nephew), although the relevance of that was lost on me.
The unusualness of that time had never ocurred to me until many years later when we had our own young children and I happened to mention it in conversation to my wife who was horrified. Then upon reflection it did seem rather odd but at the time, as a kid one doesn't really consider these things objectively as life is what it is and ho
me is home.
Large Family who lived by mother 9 kids over 20 years or so . The mother was often having children same time as eldest daughters
I could never remember who were aunties to who and who were cousins Got even more confusing when the 3rd generation started breeding as a load more aunties, uncles and cousins appeared 😳

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Still, must keep the crabs away 'cos we've never had one in the house!
Plenty in Whitstable............. (the STD clinic must be busy ;) ).

Crabs.png

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've been doing that for 20 years because spiders give me the heeby-jeebies and I can't sleep in a room where I've seen one.
I think it stems from my youth when for 4 years (aged 8 to 12) I had to sleep on a wooden frame with webbing that my Dad made and was fitted over the bath each night . Every morning there was a girt great spider in the bath. He later put some boards down in the loft and I slept up there on a camp bed but the loft was full of spiders which scuttled off behind the rafters when I got to the top of the ladder and turned on the lead light.
My family was a bit like that . Both my mum and my dad were 1 of 9 siblings and they were both the youngest member . And I was the youngest of my siblings too ,so growing up I had 18 sets of aunts and uncles and as there was nearly a 20 year gap between my mums oldest brother and her I had cousins 35, 40 years older than me .

My mums parents were scots/Irish and my dad's were English/Norwegian lol

Sadly out of those 18 sets of uncles and aunts only one pair are still alive . And many of my cousins and a few second cousins have all gone too.

Big families with big age gaps create some very strange mixes.

Growing up we had cousins older than uncles lol

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Large Family who lived by mother 9 kids over 20 years or so . The mother was often having children same time as eldest daughters
I could never remember who were aunties to who and who were cousins Got even more confusing when the 3rd generation started breeding as a load more aunties, uncles and cousins appeared 😳
Sounds familiar lol.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back