Confused carbon monoxide alarm (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Hi, I am confused!! I understood that being on ehu with no gas that there can be no carbon monoxide discharge from fridge, etc.

We are on a farm CL in Suffolk with ehu, 22plate 79-4t.

Last night, however in middle of the night carbon monoxide alarm woke us up. Opened ceiling vent and alarm off we went back to sleep, only to be woken up again an hour later by the alarm again. Twice this happened.

What is going on? What is the likely problem? and how can we solve this?

Thanks

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Update….
As we have 2 leisure batteries I have checked original supplied with moho. Extremely hot! Disconnected that battery.

Will purchase a new CO alarm.

So confusing, having been advised when purchasing the van from new, that it was a sealed battery that would not require maintenance!!
Surely there is no need to get a new CO alarm? It's obviously working.

Unless it's past it's expiry?

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Update….
As we have 2 leisure batteries I have checked original supplied with moho. Extremely hot! Disconnected that battery.

Will purchase a new CO alarm.

So confusing, having been advised when purchasing the van from new, that it was a sealed battery that would not require maintenance!!
You need to check the voltage on the the battery with the charger switched on if its more than 14.4v switch it off as it is probably faulty ond over charging the battery.
Banner batteries have a bit of a rep for being rubbish.

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Yes, definitely share the pain with others! 😜😁👀

Joking aside, that is a good comparison!
I once had a customer call the office, after I had serviced their boiler because the CO alarm was going off. They were given the standard advice, switch everything off and open windows. It was a few hours later by the time I got back. The boiler had been off for hours all the windows were wide open. The customer was sitting in the garden and the alarm was still going off. I did asking if she had thought the alarm might be faulty but she hadn't thought about that. I did some checks on the boiler just to be sure. As I left, the alarm was outside, still going off, and the customer was trying to get warm inside with the boiler running.🙂

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back