Condensation

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
CI Auto Roller
Hello to all...
Can anyone help with condensation...we got 3 fur babies in front of cab last night..left window open slightly...didn't have any heat going...so consequently the other half moaned about how
cold it was this morning...in FREEDOM..also some stuff felt a bit damp...obviously I must be doing something wrong...as look at other mhs around site and they don't look like they have condensation on windows much...should I leave a heater just ticking over through the night..have a little one that turns off when you reach yr desired temp..then comes on again automatically when it drops..sorry for long winded message....

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Heat will make the condensation worse. As does breathing, but it difficult to stop that.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Where is the condensation ? The windscreen is the biggest condensation attractor in a motorhome. Most of your other windows should be double glazed.
External silver screens virtually eliminate the problem.
A karcher window vac is also invaluable in drying off condensation.
Ventilation is key, but you also need to stay warm enough but warm air does hold more moisture.
It's about striking a balance, but first step is to try silver screens.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
As already been said external screens will eliminate condensation

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hello to all...
Can anyone help with condensation...we got 3 fur babies in front of cab last night..left window open slightly...didn't have any heat going...so consequently the other half moaned about how
cold it was this morning...in FREEDOM..also some stuff felt a bit damp...obviously I must be doing something wrong...as look at other mhs around site and they don't look like they have condensation on windows much...should I leave a heater just ticking over through the night..have a little one that turns off when you reach yr desired temp..then comes on again automatically when it drops..sorry for long winded message....
Silver Screen . One of the best accessories we ever purchased . 👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I started my van this morning, turned heater to half way between hot & cold. air con on. Came back two minutes later to completely covered in condensation the windsceen & side windows. Van empty & parked overnight as normal. Always does it .?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I started my van this morning, turned heater to half way between hot & cold. air con on. Came back two minutes later to completely covered in condensation the windsceen & side windows. Van empty & parked overnight as normal. Always does it .?
Your dragging warm air in from outside that holds more water, so makes condensation on windows

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Overnight we always have a minimum temperature, 15-18c and some venting we don't tend to have a wet front screen we do not use a silver screen and the van does not feel damp. If boiling a pan of water side windows are open along with the roof light.

My suggestion is don't let the van cool down too much overnight and keep the van vented... try the silver screens as people seem to rate them

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Your dragging warm air in from outside that holds more water, so makes condensation on windows
That shouldn't apply as it is permanently on 'recirculate'. fan has to be physically turned to the opposite direction with it's own speeds to let air in from outside & it has never been on that whilst I've owned it.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
That shouldn't apply as it is permanently on 'recirculate'. fan has to be physically turned to the opposite direction with it's own speeds to let air in from outside & it has never been on that whilst I've owned it.
Try cracking the windows open a inch or two then 😉

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
External silver screens virtually eliminate the problem.
A karcher window vac is also invaluable in drying off condensation.

This. We carry both and use them.

External screen, don't bother with internal one. It's surprising the difference an external screen makes for both cold and hot weather.

We have the Polar screen, it's good.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Silver Screen . One of the best accessories we ever purchased . 👍
Second for Silver Screens, can be a bit of a pain in the rear having to go outside on a cold evening, but will pay dividends in the morning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back