Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 24, 2022
South Killingholme, Lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
I'm a newbie had a wobbly box when adam was a lad
It serves me right, trusting a car wash bod at the garage i'd filled my LPG tanks to help me reverse out just caught a concrete post been quoted £600 to sort anyone know someone around the Grimsby area can sort it
ouch.jpg

ouch.jpg

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
DMR at Bawtry South of Doncaster isn’t too far away, they’re very good at moho repairs as that’s all they do👍 It’s possible they could squeeze that in between jobs they’re waiting for bits for, that’s what they did for my repair, 1st class job they did too👍👍

That said as it’s only the base vehicle any repair place could do it👍

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
DMR at Bawtry South of Doncaster isn’t too far away, they’re very good at moho repairs as that’s all they do👍 It’s possible they could squeeze that in between jobs they’re waiting for bits for, that’s what they did for my repair, 1st class job they did too👍👍

That said as it’s only the base vehicle any repair place could do it👍
Mine was due to be done by them when I bought it up to them at the end of May Ady,, still not been looked at🤬🤬I would not recommend them at the moment and I know that Premium have a few vans waiting to go and Steve has his Morelo booked in but I think that got put back!!

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Mine was due to be done by them when I bought it up to them at the end of May Ady,, still not been looked at🤬🤬I would not recommend them at the moment and I know that Premium have a few vans waiting to go and Steve has his Morelo booked in but I think that got put back!!
I rung em Monday, took it in Tuesday, picked it up Friday 🤔👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2025
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Mark. Just letting you know we are going to DMR first thing tomorrow morning. They are up and running again. 👍

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Have just sent them an email as he has had my van up there available for over 2 months, I know they had a few issues but mine was booked at the beginning of May😳😳
I think they’re still waiting for the Carthago decals to come in so they can fit them for ya🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I think the A4 paper sized wing just bolts on. Is there damage underneath? And just tweaked brackets? I'd be getting a replacement wing myself. And then seeing if paint shops can sort you out. Should be faster and cheaper.

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2025
Exp
Since 2007
Would have been nice of them to let me know what’s going on Steve🤬🤬🤬
Yes it would have been Mark, not very good on that front I must admit. I did say they should be up and running again in the pm I sent you a few weeks ago. I phoned Mike a few days ago to confirm everything was ok for this week.

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I can't tell from the image model/year etc. But a quick Ebay and saw that £60-£80 will get you a new panel.
If either of the other panels are damaged and are plastic then a hot air gun may pop them back out.

I would be tempted to have a DIY go first. The worst damaged panel is just bolted in I think?

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
£600 is a good price, as the front quarter and headlight has to come off first before you can take the wing off.
I replaced one of our front quarters after hitting a lorry tyre on the M25. It was a pig to get off and more so to refit after I had our local spray shop spray a new quarter for £300 cash, so add on removing and refitting the front wing as well, then I think that £600 is a bargain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Yes it would have been Mark, not very good on that front I must admit. I did say they should be up and running again in the pm I sent you a few weeks ago. I phoned Mike a few days ago to confirm everything was ok for this week.
Just had a reply Steve and van is in this week ready for the new (lucky😳😳🤔🤔) owner next week.

You in there for the 3 days?😳😳

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back