Concerns Over BFG KO2 Tyres Cracking (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
hi i have a set of bfg ko2 all terrain tyres they are just over 2 years old, and 2 of them, showing signs of cracking on the side wall, has anyone else came across this? ,,roque alloys where i bought them asked to send pictures ect now they not answering my emails ,,they said the wheels are warranted for 3 years ,,but the tyres dont have any warranty ?

20240423_184730.jpg

20240423_191956.jpg

OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
What’s the axle plate weight?
Seems significant that they are on the same axle and probably the heavy axle.
Tyres are 115 load rated which I believe is 1215 kg.
i take it that is divided over the two tyres =2430 axel weight ? just checked i divide it by 4 =4860 ,,my imala is 3650kg so should be well in spec if i am doing correctly ,,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
i take it that is divided over the two tyres =2430 axel weight ? just checked i divide it by 4 =4860 ,,my imala is 3650kg so should be well in spec if i am doing correctly ,,
You do it per axle not across the four tyres. May be across four tyres if you have a tag axle though I don’t knpw

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2023
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
VW T6 & tents.
Your plate will have a total gross weight, and will also have a limit per axle.
E.g. mine is 3500kg but axle limits are 2100kg and 2400kg, so i need tyres that are minimum 1200kg rated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2022
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 lounge
I cannot understand why people put these off road bias tyres on a road going vehicle,does anyone actually look at tyre information? Wet performance and fuel efficiency ratings are not great for bfgs, even though they are an AT or all terrain rated tyre they will be noisy on the road with a lot of squirm under heavy braking or cornering,I used to run bfg mt tyres on land rovers used for 60% off road in very harsh conditions and ATs in the drier months good strong tyres,made for the job,but on a motorhome they are a bit of overkill,obviously it’s a personal thing,but smooth long distance touring an a tyre with large voids in the tread would be tiring with the constant drone and an impact on fuel consumption

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
I cannot understand why people put these off road bias tyres on a road going vehicle,does anyone actually look at tyre information? Wet performance and fuel efficiency ratings are not great for bfgs, even though they are an AT or all terrain rated tyre they will be noisy on the road with a lot of squirm under heavy braking or cornering,I used to run bfg mt tyres on land rovers used for 60% off road in very harsh conditions and ATs in the drier months good strong tyres,made for the job,but on a motorhome they are a bit of overkill,obviously it’s a personal thing,but smooth long distance touring an a tyre with large voids in the tread would be tiring with the constant drone and an impact on fuel consumption
hi i like the look,, and so do lots of other people ,,i can honestly say ,there is no drone or noise from them,and was a better ride ,,than the original michelins ,80psi ,having being stuck in a site on a little wet incline with them, i went for the bfgs, and would go for them again, if they sort the side wall cracking out and there cheaper than some standard tyres ,

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back