Compact Jump Starter Leads

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Can anybody recommend a compact jump starter with leads long enough to reach the two engine bay starter points on a (2023 140) Ducato?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
I cannot recommend any particular jump starter to fit the Ducato points ....

.... but I would suggest you think about investigating in a Sterling Power B2B wired to charge the Starter Battery from the Leisure Battery.

That is - it does the similar job as a jump starter but uses the leisure battery which you already have.

Others on here will tell you the idea is OTT, but I have found it a really useful addition and simple to wire in place, with a switch on the D+ input to the B2B to turn it on.

I leave mine switched on all of the time.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

.... but I would suggest you think about investigating in a Sterling Power B2B wired to charge the Starter Battery from the Leisure Battery.

That is - it does the similar job as a jump starter but uses the leisure battery which you already have.

Others on here will tell you the idea is OTT, but I have found it a really useful addition and simple to wire in place, with a switch on the D+ input to the B2B to turn it on.

Just wondering if it would be better to leave it switched off until needed so you know if the starter battery is beginning to fail

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Can anybody recommend a compact jump starter with leads long enough to reach the two engine bay starter points on a (2023 140) Ducato?
Don't know the arrangement on a Ducato but surely you don't need to connect to the negative starter point.... any negative ground on chassis in engine bay will do.. assuming it is closer..
My van only has a positive terminal under bonnet.. and use any negative ground..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

I have a button, as standard, on my 2007 Murvi Morello that will allow the hab batteries to connect to the starter battery and assist starting, is that unusual?

Makes sense to me just like they have connected my hab water to the engine coolant system so one has hot water in the shower when you arrive at one's destination.

Good old MURVI! 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
The Wino - Good point. I will switch it off occasionally.
But, I would suggest, it is less likely to fail if kept properly chargged

L' Hobo - As you say - Good old MURVI - They all have their good points.

Last edited:
OP
OP
seasideBill
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992

I’ve got a controller that should take care of that. Starter battery is charged when solar charges the leisure batteries to at least 85% and starter battery voltage drops to below 12.4. Just about works in summer but not this time of the year - daylight hours too short and angle of sunlight too low. I’m just about to double my solar but want a backup while in storage. I also want one for other non-MH purposes.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Duracell battery pack works on our 2019 Fiat.
Additionally, it can be used as a USB Power pack and has a torch on it as well. I've not had to use on the van yet, but it worked fine on our sons Honda Civic 1.8 petrol car.
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back