Comfortmatic & cold feet - solved! (2 Viewers)

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I eventually fed a length of 4”foil extractor flexible pipe from heat outlet down to floor level ,bit fiddly but if anyone needs guidance no worries 👍
only problem now is my feet are so warm I have to turn the heating down! (I can live with that 😄)

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
I eventually fed a length of 4”foil extractor flexible pipe from heat outlet down to floor level ,bit fiddly but if anyone needs guidance no worries 👍
only problem now is my feet are so warm I have to turn the heating down! (I can live with that 😄)
Interesting, so is there a separate feed to the passenger footwell from the heater already? And another outlet for the drivers side?

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Interesting, so is there a separate feed to the passenger footwell from the heater already? And another outlet for the drivers side?
The passenger foot well is heated by an outlet off the central console but the drivers side has been shortened and a blanking plate/foot rest installed so very little heat reaches the drivers feet hence the various attempts to get around this.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The passenger foot well is heated by an outlet off the central console but the drivers side has been shortened and a blanking plate/foot rest installed so very little heat reaches the drivers feet hence the various attempts to get around this.

My 2016 build X290 RHD with ComfortMatic must be different. It has the older central large glovebox, not the 2 cupholder console that features on later models. Mine has no footrest so I think there is a heater outlet. I wear long woolly socks anyway but that's just me. :cool:

Nov 5, 2023
Blaenavon South Wales.
Funster No
MH
Pilote 540g
Exp
Since 2020
My 2016 build X290 RHD with ComfortMatic must be different. It has the older central large glovebox, not the 2 cupholder console that features on later models. Mine has no footrest so I think there is a heater outlet. I wear long woolly socks anyway but that's just me. :cool:
I have recently purchased a new Ducato Auto that has the large central glovebox (no cupholders). Needless to say the heating duct has been left on a shelf in Italy so will be chasing a warranty claim soon- wish me luck (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I have recently purchased a new Ducato Auto that has the large central glovebox (no cupholders). Needless to say the heating duct has been left on a shelf in Italy so will be chasing a warranty claim soon- wish me luck (y)
Its easy to modify if the dealer doesn't resolve it.

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
You must be a real babe magnet on the beach🤪

Feb 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
fiat fleurette
I've posted this on "Motohome Fun" Web site and Fluerette owners Facebook page.
Here my "how we did it" writeup....
We have a RHD 2022 Auto Fiat Comformatic Fleurette motorhome. Last year we noticed that the driver's side footwell had no heat. The Fiat agent in Hull has a look and declared that all Fiat RHD vans were like that, (They had looked at a panel van.) That it was "normal" and wouldn't / couldn't do anything to put it right or it could invalidate the warranty.
On investigation, we found that there was a warm air outlet at the drivers side but it was about a foot of the floor and near the central console.
We watched the 'how to do it' video but our outlet is in a slightly different place but the idea is right.
We have, at last, had a go. (February) It is very awkward to get at. It helps if you're double jointed!! The panel below the steering wheel had to come off. There are only 2 screws in the RH side in a storage pocket then you have to pull the panel off from the top and it has 3 hooks holding it in at the bottom. The footrest where the clutch would be, had to be eased off after removing the peg in the floor and 2 screws - hoping it would go back OK.
We bought a 2" aluminium flexible pipe which pushed nicely into the truncated pipe. It was tied to a 1cm wide metal pipe near where we placed it through the gap to the left of the footrest - which did go back OK. The pipe is too long at the moment and we're thinking of a way to split the heating so both the driver's left and right feet are warmed.
Good luck if you follow in our footsteps.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I've posted this on "Motohome Fun" Web site and Fluerette owners Facebook page.
Here my "how we did it" writeup....
We have a RHD 2022 Auto Fiat Comformatic Fleurette motorhome. Last year we noticed that the driver's side footwell had no heat. The Fiat agent in Hull has a look and declared that all Fiat RHD vans were like that, (They had looked at a panel van.) That it was "normal" and wouldn't / couldn't do anything to put it right or it could invalidate the warranty.
On investigation, we found that there was a warm air outlet at the drivers side but it was about a foot of the floor and near the central console.
We watched the 'how to do it' video but our outlet is in a slightly different place but the idea is right.
We have, at last, had a go. (February) It is very awkward to get at. It helps if you're double jointed!! The panel below the steering wheel had to come off. There are only 2 screws in the RH side in a storage pocket then you have to pull the panel off from the top and it has 3 hooks holding it in at the bottom. The footrest where the clutch would be, had to be eased off after removing the peg in the floor and 2 screws - hoping it would go back OK.
We bought a 2" aluminium flexible pipe which pushed nicely into the truncated pipe. It was tied to a 1cm wide metal pipe near where we placed it through the gap to the left of the footrest - which did go back OK. The pipe is too long at the moment and we're thinking of a way to split the heating so both the driver's left and right feet are warmed.
Good luck if you follow in our footsteps.
I was under the impression the comfortmatic was superseded in 2020 by the ZF 9 speed auto🤷‍♂️
I take it the Problem carried on for the 9 speeds then? Doesn’t affect me, I’m left hand drive😁😁

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I asked Fiat to sort mine under the warranty after hearing a van in Cheshire had been done by a dealer. Fiat technical in Italy said they could/would not do it in case it affected the safe running of the van? Hull Fiat were unhelpful and I had to get a case number myself. I guess they knew it was a no go but didn’t tell me why, this was March/June 2023 and I had to keep pushing Fiat for a decision.

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
I was under the impression the comfortmatic was superseded in 2020 by the ZF 9 speed auto🤷‍♂️
I take it the Problem carried on for the 9 speeds then? Doesn’t affect me, I’m left hand drive😁😁
I have not driven the 9 speed auto since discovering this top ....
.... But I had not noticed any problem with cold feet.

Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
With you, SpeedyDux. I might wear thick socks or two pairs of socks. It is nothing to my Comformatic, just I find Fiat cabs are cold.

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
I asked Fiat to sort mine under the warranty after hearing a van in Cheshire had been done by a dealer. Fiat technical in Italy said they could/would not do it in case it affected the safe running of the van? Hull Fiat were unhelpful and I had to get a case number myself. I guess they knew it was a no go but didn’t tell me why, this was March/June 2023 and I had to keep pushing Fiat for a decision.
I had my 2019 Adria Compact Auto done under warranty by Fiat Professional in Liverpool, after I mentioned my cold feet during the first service in 2020. I logged a call to fiat italy and explained the problem and they sent an authorised code to the dealer…part cost erhh £180

IMG_1619.jpeg

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Mines the 9 speed and the drivers air outlet finishes up behind the centre console. I had to put in an extension pipe, which has now sorted it.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I had my 2019 Adria Compact Auto done under warranty by Fiat Professional in Liverpool, after I mentioned my cold feet during the first service in 2020. I logged a call to fiat italy and explained the problem and they sent an authorised code to the dealer…part cost erhh £180

View attachment 864963
What does the factory part look like. I've removed the TCU footwell cover in the photo which has made things a bit better but really need to improve it further. I've seen various great looking DIY solutions but a factory look would be even better.

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
What does the factory part look like. I've removed the TCU footwell cover in the photo which has made things a bit better but really need to improve it further. I've seen various great looking DIY solutions but a factory look would be even better.
Sorry I only saw a picture it was cover/duct brings the heat down the footwell

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Sorry I only saw a picture it was cover/duct brings the heat down the footwell
Are the dealers trying to say that the plastic footwell guard for the Comfortmatic TCU is also a duct for the heater. That's a bit cheeky as it just makes to cold feet problem worse and you're better off removing it.

Nov 15, 2023
North London
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP Aut
Exp
Since 2008
Are the dealers trying to say that the plastic footwell guard for the Comfortmatic TCU is also a duct for the heater. That's a bit cheeky as it just makes to cold feet problem worse and you're better off removing it.
I think it blocks off the heating on RHD Auto models as my feet were freezing but passenger side was toasty.
It was only by chance I mentioned it to them that they told me the problem.
But yep I would have done the modifications I see on this forum otherwise.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I think it blocks off the heating on RHD Auto models as my feet were freezing but passenger side was toasty.
It was only by chance I mentioned it to them that they told me the problem.
But yep I would have done the modifications I see on this forum otherwise.
I found that removing the plastic cover on my RHD automatic improved drivers feet warmth quite a lot but feet are still not what you'd call toasty so still room for improvements.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I found that removing the plastic cover on my RHD automatic improved drivers feet warmth quite a lot but feet are still not what you'd call toasty so still room for improvements.
You will need to add some ducting if you want to improve it further.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I did my earlier 2016 Ducato and are now about to do the current 2019 MH. Where can I get the 2” aluminium's flexible pipe from please.

Thanks Derry

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I did my earlier 2016 Ducato and are now about to do the current 2019 MH. Where can I get the 2” aluminium's flexible pipe from please.

Thanks Derry
2”? I used 4” extractor fan foil ducting to do mine.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Yep, it's toasty my side as well now. I shaped some 65mm sq. rainwater downpipe to locate inside the existing outlet, and then zip tied the bottom end back the centre console. It's clear of any fixed frames, or cable runs,and can be removed quickly if needed. When the lower fascia plate is back on disappears from sight. It's so much better that the split screen/foot well setting can now be used.
That's one less pair of socks needed to drive in :rolleyes:
Mike.20240217_120341.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back