Cobra Alarm but no pin number

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
We bought a 2002 motorhome that has a Cobra Alarm fitted and has these fobs.

cobra-key-fob-replacement-7777.jpg

Fobs are worn badly so will replace them as the circuits are easily swapped over, however I do not have the pin number for the system should I need it in the future.

I've been through all the paper works, lots of it, but no reference to the alarm system. I don't even know at the moment where the unit is installed in the dash. It does have Ultrasonic sensors and the LED/Pushbutton unit on the dash for entering the PIN number so will have to see if I can trace the wiring. Door lock and indicators flash when set.

Does anyone know if this was a Fiat install, the MH manufacturer install or an after market install and how I might go about finding the PIN number. I believe the PIN is factory set and likely tied to the serial number of the unit which if I can find it might be something I could use, but who do I contact as I believe these alarms are now part of Vodafone Automotive.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Dakota ’14
Exp
Following with interest as I have the same system and no documentation.
I have the button with the flashy light on the dash but no idea what it does!
WE have also managed to lose one of the fobs this summer so are looking for a new one but no idea how to reprogram me it to our alarm.
So if anyone has a contact for these I would also be grateful.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
You will need the serial number of the alarm which will be on the control box,ours was buried in the dash and actually had the pin number on it as well.👍

Cobra should be able to help,

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
There is a company called Cobra Car Tech which sell all of the devices associated with these alarm systems and you can see the hardware is now badged Vodafone.

I have tried 3 times to contact them by email and online form (No telephone number, hate that) and had zero response which is frustrating.

Not sure if buying a new fob from them would instigate some form of contact.

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
You will need the serial number of the alarm which will be on the control box,ours was buried in the dash and actually had the pin number on it as well.👍

Cobra should be able to help,

I've tried contacting Cobra Car Tech on 3 occasions and had zero response which doesn't bode well for support. I've asked about swapping the old fobs to new cases and about recovering a PIN number and nothing from them at all. Next to useless. I will need to trace the unit and fingers crossed it will have the PIN on it.

Note that Cobra Car Tech are resellers of the equipment and not the manufacturers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Cobra Car tech Ltd. Tel. 020 8123 4289

Taken from their Facebook page.
Why dont they put it on their web page. Its almost as if they don't want your business.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
Had a cobra alarm on my previous van, unit was behind air filter by ECU ( petrol Van) number was on that. I disabled the immobilliser my self but still used the fob for the alarm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Tried that email address twice and their online form and not had a reply from either.
I bought a new dashboard light/switch fron Cobra Car Tech and that was the email address the order acknowledgement came from.

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Well the good news is I found the controller, the bad news is it only has the serial and not the PIN on it. So I guess a bit more work to try to get the PIN number via the serial number.

Also when we took delivery the previous owners had used and abused the Cobra remotes. Never understand why a couple of minutes on the web and £4.50 a pop you can replace the casings.

IMG_3496 Large.jpeg

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Well I could be in with a chance. This is an old Cobra 3195 unit and not a new Vodafone unit and apparently the default PIN is 1111. However I’ve found instructions for a 3198 unit and you can reset the PIN as required as long as you have the key and are in the vehicle.

Attachments

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own
We bought a 2002 motorhome that has a Cobra Alarm fitted and has these fobs.

View attachment 818985

Fobs are worn badly so will replace them as the circuits are easily swapped over, however I do not have the pin number for the system should I need it in the future.

I've been through all the paper works, lots of it, but no reference to the alarm system. I don't even know at the moment where the unit is installed in the dash. It does have Ultrasonic sensors and the LED/Pushbutton unit on the dash for entering the PIN number so will have to see if I can trace the wiring. Door lock and indicators flash when set.

Does anyone know if this was a Fiat install, the MH manufacturer install or an after market install and how I might go about finding the PIN number. I believe the PIN is factory set and likely tied to the serial number of the unit which if I can find it might be something I could use, but who do I contact as I believe these alarms are now part of Vodafone Automotive.
Hi, I’m wondering if you could contact me if you had a resolve to your dilemma with the PIN code, I’ve owned my vehicle for 3 years now and have just ran into an issue with having no information or paperwork at all from the previous owner regarding the cobra, not even a reset key…. The alarm keeps sounding for no apparent reason???

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I used to have a cobra and had a couple of problems with it, especially trying to set/unset the alarm. There is a way to do it using the dash button, but I wouldn't ever offer my 'thoughts' on a forum. If I knew the person I would respond privately ...

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
hymer swing
Following with interest as I have the same system and no documentation.
I have the button with the flashy light on the dash but no idea what it does!
WE have also managed to lose one of the fobs this summer so are looking for a new one but no idea how to reprogram me it to our alarm.
So if anyone has a contact for these I would also
On mine the red flashing light on the dash is the immobiliser

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Hi, I’m wondering if you could contact me if you had a resolve to your dilemma with the PIN code, I’ve owned my vehicle for 3 years now and have just ran into an issue with having no information or paperwork at all from the previous owner regarding the cobra, not even a reset key…. The alarm keeps sounding for no apparent reason???
I have not changed the pin code yet. The only instructions I have are the ones I posted for a slightly different model. I was hoping I could get confirmation from another owner of said alarm to confirm that the instructions do in fact work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back