Coachman travelmaster 565 (12 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 29, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
OK, I know the horse may have already bolted?

We have bought a coachman 565 and take delivery for new registration in March 24.

Just wondering about any known issues or advice?
I'm no duck egg when it comes to practical stuff but it's a bigger person who can ask for experienced opinions of seasoned travellers.
The only extras we asked for where awning (which I will convert to electric) and MIFI.
It comes pretty well spec'd and wondered about advice on other must haves? I'm thinking of airbags on rear for ride quality and getting on/ off ferry. Luckily payload is very good.
Plan is to use it for euro trip and then Greece with good lady and two golden retrievers(big reason why we didn't want fixed table in van)

This is first MH and have spent the last year researching. We hired numerous brands for breaks and been around NC500. It's all seems to be for us? I tell my wife, I'm very easy to get on with????? Silence is the normal response!

Anyway, your opinions will be helpful and thanks in advance.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, I know you have hired previously but apart from the must haves, ( pots pans, ehu cable etc) I would hold off until you have taken it for a couple of long weekends.
I still carry my notebook and pencil in the van , there is always things to add or remove🤭

Classified adds are always full of stuff that we all buy and no longer need🤗

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
We have just looked at converting our thule awning to electric but told would be expensive the awning would have to come off to have it fitted the roof drilled for it to be wired if that is your case just check if it would invalidate your warranty and would not be better being factory fitted

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A-Mech
Jul 29, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Remove manual gearbox and replace with genuine electric motor. Comes with switch, loom, relay and wiring diagram. ÂŁ350 as opposed to extra ÂŁ1000

Upvote 0

Newb52

Free Member
Jan 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Coachman Travelmaste
OK, I know the horse may have already bolted?

We have bought a coachman 565 and take delivery for new registration in March 24.

Just wondering about any known issues or advice?
I'm no duck egg when it comes to practical stuff but it's a bigger person who can ask for experienced opinions of seasoned travellers.
The only extras we asked for where awning (which I will convert to electric) and MIFI.
It comes pretty well spec'd and wondered about advice on other must haves? I'm thinking of airbags on rear for ride quality and getting on/ off ferry. Luckily payload is very good.
Plan is to use it for euro trip and then Greece with good lady and two golden retrievers(big reason why we didn't want fixed table in van)

This is first MH and have spent the last year researching. We hired numerous brands for breaks and been around NC500. It's all seems to be for us? I tell my wife, I'm very easy to get on with????? Silence is the normal response!

Anyway, your opinions will be helpful and thanks in advance.
We’ve got the 545, had it for 6 months, the only issues we’ve had are the extras fitted by the dealer (Tracker & alarm & E&P levelling system)
The van is great, although the control panel controlling the lights is an enigma, over complicated if honest, but we’ve got used to it now.
The manual that comes with the van is a bit of a waste of time as it seems to be a bit generic from Kabe, who actually make the van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As you are thinking about rear air consider full air it changes the driving experience.

Get rid of the AGM batteries about the worst type of battery for leisure use and fit Lithium.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back