Coachman and Fleurette-Florium at the NEC - any good...?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
I was musing about what we'd do if we wanted to change our Auto-Sleepers Corinium Duo and at the NEC show last weekend, we had a look at the Merc-based AS Burford Duo and Pug-based AS Corinium FB for a comparison on the "same" thing but newer and maybe on a better van. Well to be honest, all the niggles and quality issues I have with my current Moho are in evidence on the "new" ones too and I just don't think they've moved on or improved the build quality. In fact (and I know the show vans are well and truly trashed by the end of the week; if they weren't before), most of the problems such as poorly fitted draws, doors, lockers and sticky catches and things in stupid places still existed!

You know when you just keep going back to the same Moho's and as soon as you step in, you get that feeling... This happened when we spent some time on the Wanderhome stand pawing over the Adria, Coachman and Fleurette-Florium offerings. Whilst the prices of course influence the level of quality (substantially more than a new AS), I was quite taken by both the Coachman and the F-F offerings in terms of style, layout, quality and build.

So, I'm wondering, what do folks think of these brands, not model specifics but we saw the TM565 and the Discover 75 LMF, just the general quality of the two brands. Does anyone have one, has anything fallen off yet?

Not in a buying position right now but always like to give consideration to what might happen in the near future and am interested in folks' views, please. If positive, we might head up north for a long weekend and take a much closer look at what Wandahome has in stock.

Ta muchly

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
I am not a fan of either Auto-Sleepers, Coachman or Fleurette-Florium …… perhaps just my irrational prejudice! Obviously. I am a fan of Adria as we bought a new one a couple of years ago. We have perhaps been lucky as we have only needed two issues to be sorted under warranty and the supplying Dealer (Geoff Cox Leisure) has been first rate in dealing with these, as well as fitting out with the “extras” we specified with our initial order.

Do not underestimate the importance of choosing a Dealer who is commended for support and within reasonable driving distance for the remedial warranty work which you can almost guarantee you will need, irrespective of the Brand/Model you choose. Barnet to Wandahome at South Cave is a 340 mile round trip….. further than I would choose for warranty support. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fleurette
Exp
18 months
I was musing about what we'd do if we wanted to change our Auto-Sleepers Corinium Duo and at the NEC show last weekend, we had a look at the Merc-based AS Burford Duo and Pug-based AS Corinium FB for a comparison on the "same" thing but newer and maybe on a better van. Well to be honest, all the niggles and quality issues I have with my current Moho are in evidence on the "new" ones too and I just don't think they've moved on or improved the build quality. In fact (and I know the show vans are well and truly trashed by the end of the week; if they weren't before), most of the problems such as poorly fitted draws, doors, lockers and sticky catches and things in stupid places still existed!

You know when you just keep going back to the same Moho's and as soon as you step in, you get that feeling... This happened when we spent some time on the Wanderhome stand pawing over the Adria, Coachman and Fleurette-Florium offerings. Whilst the prices of course influence the level of quality (substantially more than a new AS), I was quite taken by both the Coachman and the F-F offerings in terms of style, layout, quality and build.

So, I'm wondering, what do folks think of these brands, not model specifics but we saw the TM565 and the Discover 75 LMF, just the general quality of the two brands. Does anyone have one, has anything fallen off yet?

Not in a buying position right now but always like to give consideration to what might happen in the near future and am interested in folks' views, please. If positive, we might head up north for a long weekend and take a much closer look at what Wandahome has in stock.

Ta muchly
We have had a Fleurette Ld70 for 7 years from new and have no intention of ever changing it. The build quality is excellent especially the joinery items inside. When we had a warranty claim it took about 6 months to get a response but I think that is often the case. We had the work undertaken at Wanderhome and I was there and back in a day. I see no reason to use the supplier for habitation service so have not had to travel down to Hayling Island since. People who have a look inside ours are often impressed with the size of the lounge area which can seat 7 people. The seats will eventually need recovering as they are leatherette but I guess that is the case for a lot of vans in this price range. We bought ours from Webbs in Reading who tried to import Fleurette for one year in 2017 and failed to get much interest. Consequently we negotiated a good discount with extras when we bought. I would therefore recommend pushing hard for a discount if you buy.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fleurette
Exp
18 months
We have had a Fleurette Ld70 for 7 years from new and have no intention of ever changing it. The build quality is excellent especially the joinery items inside. When we had a warranty claim it took about 6 months to get a response but I think that is often the case. We had the work undertaken at Wanderhome and I was there and back in a day. I see no reason to use the supplier for habitation service so have not had to travel down to Hayling Island since. People who have a look inside ours are often impressed with the size of the lounge area which can seat 7 people. The seats will eventually need recovering as they are leatherette but I guess that is the case for a lot of vans in this price range. We bought ours from Webbs in Reading who tried to import Fleurette for one year in 2017 and failed to get much interest. Consequently we negotiated a good discount with extras when we bought. I would therefore recommend pushing hard for a discount if you buy.
I have just checked and it was Harbour Creek in Hayling Island who did our warranty work.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't know about Fleurette but the Coachman although built in Sweden doesn't have a double floor so that would rule it out also they don't do an A Class so that's a double strike off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
They have got a nice looking A class model now, but with unusually small water tanks for the price range.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
I have a feeling it has a double floor but not 100% sure, but the water tank I seem to recall was about 100 ltrs which for that money turned me off. Pretty looking van though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Couldn't see any mention of water tank, it's got a very small payload for such a big van and to me it looks butt ugly.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Coachman looks great build and design..

But its £200k?

Its got 150 litre fresh water tank and underfloor storage and heating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back