Clowns to the left of us, jokers ..... (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
We had a crash into the rear of a car on the A9 at Dunkeld. He admitted liability, said he though it was a slip raos, hence driving straight out of a side road then slowing down in front of us, we had no chance of stopping so hit him square in the rear.

He changed his story, and said we deliberately ran into him. We now are using our legal cover and have a solicitor on the case.

The last converstion with her (the solicitor) was, he is now claiming the A9 is a 30mph road......and apparently our insurers (Saga) have agreed with him.

SWMBO put them right, anyone who know the A9, will agree it's 60mph, inour case we are limited to 50mph.

I keep saying, why would a motorhome valued at nearly £50k, deliberately run into the back of an old Vauxhall Corsa ?

as I said, jokers and clowns

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Nice camera picture and good time and data stamp too....what brand / model is it please?
It's a 70mai dash cam pro plus+ model A500S.

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Dashcams are great, but remember if you travel around europe, they are not legal in all countries, I beleve in Austria just having one installed in the window is illegal whether it is working or not. All down to privacy and secret filming rules.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
But only if you can prove it. They aren’t interested in what happened unless you can prove it.
How else could they operate? My mil drove through a red light into someone last year she still thought it was green after but out niece was in the car and it was red! How could they go on anyones word without proof!

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Usually but there are exceptions. 2 examples of situations where the person in the rear car is not to blame.
Pulling out onto a road without looking and getting thumped from behind by a car that cannot possibly stop in time.
Someone overtaking, pulling in and brake checking.
One other reception that I can think of.
Car full of people pulling out in front of you and too close, then hard braking; you can't react in time.
This can of course be one of the reasons for brake checking, there are a few others.
Claim against you for damage to car and whiplash to all occupants.Happy
Happy Jack

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Dashcams are great, but remember if you travel around europe, they are not legal in all countries, I beleve in Austria just having one installed in the window is illegal whether it is working or not. All down to privacy and secret filming rules.
Thought you could have them, but only use the images following an accident.

Upvote 0

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I use dash cam this muppet nearly took the biker out and my front end a couple of months back 🤬

Long time since I seen a Volvo like that and it looks in good condition. Surprised it has lasted so long if that’s the way it’s driven.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
How and in what way would a dash cam save you 'tens of thousands' ?
In not removing your no claims discount -> without which my insurance would be £500 a year more for multiple years at least and loaded for at least 5 years.

But theres also the small point that you can be sometimes personally sued for damages caused in an accident, your insurance should also cover this of course.

Without one, you are subject to all the chancers around (heathrow in particular) who will deliiberatley reverse into you stationary at lights and roundabouts to get a whiplash claim etc. I mean I was driving for several years in one of the fake accident hotspots in UK roads.

Your time also has value so although the financial value is low, dealing with all the hassle from the above scenarios is easily worth tens of thousands.. If you have ever dealt with a fake whiplash claim without a dashcam you will QUICKLY understand why they are essential equipment which you should never have a car without, especially in the roads around the major airports.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
In not removing your no claims discount -> without which my insurance would be £500 a year more for multiple years at least and loaded for at least 5 years.

But theres also the small point that you can be sometimes personally sued for damages caused in an accident, your insurance should also cover this of course.

Without one, you are subject to all the chancers around (heathrow in particular) who will deliiberatley reverse into you stationary at lights and roundabouts to get a whiplash claim etc. I mean I was driving for several years in one of the fake accident hotspots in UK roads.

Your time also has value so although the financial value is low, dealing with all the hassle from the above scenarios is easily worth tens of thousands.. If you have ever dealt with a fake whiplash claim without a dashcam you will QUICKLY understand why they are essential equipment which you should never have a car without, especially in the roads around the major airports.
Haven't they stopped a lot of the whiplash claims?

Upvote 0
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Haven't they stopped a lot of the whiplash claims?
some, it was still going on a lot whenever I drive into the Hounslow/Heathrow/Sunbury areas recently. Not sure how successful they are but they are still doing it. These days it's usually bikes instead of cars - 2 bikes is the current mechanism with one falling over in front of you). Other (who speaks better english typically) taking photos and blaming you, and as 2v1 with no dashcam it was working unless you have a dashcam.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I’ve installed a dash cam in all our vehicles.
Pretty inexpensive for the benefit they provide.

Same here, we've had them for years and wouldn't drive without them - all dual cameras. We also have a dual camera one in the MH, with the rear view one turned towards the drivers window, just in case we have a nutjob road rage incident :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
Just to add, we asked our solicitor if the other party was claiming off us, he rear bumper was damaged at least.
No he's not claiming off us for damages, to me that's enough to say he thinks he's guilty.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just to add, we asked our solicitor if the other party was claiming off us, he rear bumper was damaged at least.
No he's not claiming off us for damages, to me that's enough to say he thinks he's guilty.
It does show he's not a crash for cash scammer though!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back