Cleaning Thetford N150 fridge flue (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
My Thetford fridge has been performing badly on gas but works fine on electric. I have bought a new burner / jet but before I fit that I want to clean the flue as I understand that may help the performance on gas.

Photo shows the bottom of the flue. The top of the flue seems to have a squared off top so it's probably not easy to clean from above.

How have people cleaned their flues please? It's probably just over an inch diameter. Would a bottle brush be a good option to clean the soot or whatever is up there?

IMG_20240909_193907_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Thornebt
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
I tried buying a bottle brush to clean the flue but couldn't find one. I might try a thick wooden dowel with sandpaper round it.

OP
OP
Thornebt
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
It was a bit fiddly but I managed to unclip the wire at the top and withdraw the baffle at the top. For anyone who's interested this is what it looks like.

The flue is now open from top to bottom (I did bend the metal plate that goes over the top of it). I've used a flexible spring (grabber tool) and scraped that up and down and it all seems very clear. Very little came out of it.

The burner I took out looked fine but possibly the jet is partially blocked and that is the cause of the poor performance on gas.

I think I've done all I can and I just need to get it back together and check I've got a nice blue flame.

IMG_20240911_124510.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back