Feb 15, 2022
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Expedition
Exp
Since 2008
Funsters,

Over the last few months out on my travels in my MoHo I have collected coins from the year of my birth.

My intention is to clean them and mount them in a glass-covered frame and, display them in my home office.

Do you good people know how best to protect them from tarnishing again? My thought is to spray them with a clear lacquer or do you have a better suggestion?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Funsters,

Over the last few months out on my travels in my MoHo I have collected coins from the year of my birth.

My intention is to clean them and mount them in a glass-covered frame and, display them in my home office.

Do you good people know how best to protect them from tarnishing again? My thought is to spray them with a clear lacquer or do you have a better suggestion?
Post them to me to sort out and then Iā€™ll post you back the change šŸ™„šŸ˜

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Yes. And also good for the loo.
Let it go flat. Then pour into the bowl and let it stand for a bit.
Amazing how it gets the bowl clean.
Not sure it would work on a cassette though.
Oh look, another toilet thread!šŸ¤£
I use cola and ice cubes to clean the cassette. How's that for thread drift šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There was an old guy around here who drove a lorry for a local dairy when it was in churns , and he kept pigs and had any sour milk to feed them, and he had a sideline in cleaning anything metal by dropping it in the sourmilk and must say it really worked.
All gone now, the old bloke, milk in churns, sour milk and even the local dairy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back