Cinch Hub With Discount Code - Alternative Pop Up Shelter To A Driveaway Awning (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Hi & welcome! :hi: As mentioned in the posts above - you have to be a paid subscription Funster to benefit from any Fun discounts. Cinch are offering 10% discount https://cinchpopuptents.com/specifications/ at the moment if you sign up to their mailing list.
…….but they are not expecting to have any stock before July and prices have gone up. Currently, Cinch are advertising the Hub for £299, the Inner Tent an extra £69 and each of the two Solar lights at an additional £15 each. With the “first purchase” 10% discount offered, the current total price is £358 plus postage from Cinch. The Inner Tent is essential if anyone is going to sleep in the Hub.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
…….but they are not expecting to have any stock before July and prices have gone up. Currently, Cinch are advertising the Hub for £299, the Inner Tent an extra £69 and each of the two Solar lights at an additional £15 each. With the “first purchase” 10% discount offered, the current total price is £358 plus postage from Cinch. The Inner Tent is essential if anyone is going to sleep in the Hub.
Unfortunately prices have gone up on most such things since this thread was started.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Hi Wombles and thanks for such an interesting thread.
Have had a look at some of the Cinch info but have a few questions if I may ask to someone who has actually used one.
I also have used a Decathalon product but it was an airbeam type stand alone shelter/gazebo/ screenhouse type arrangement which we sold in order to go for a quest screenhouse as I had not heard of Cinch before.
I take it that collapsing the Cinch is a " figure of 8" type of manoeuvre to coil the sections onto each other?
Is this capable of being done by one person?
Does it go back in the bag easily?
Is it available without a groundsheet ?
Have you tried it at all with the vehicle connector 'tunnel' and if so, is that available as a drive away option?
I must say, from what I have seen it could well be the answer we are looking for presently, as space and length are now at a premium in our Campervan.
Our quest is excellent, but as said, it's very long to transport now.
Are codes still available at all now for discounts, and if so, could I trouble you for one please for the hub?
Are these only available on-line as I can't seem to find a stockist?
Many thanks for you taking the time to enlighten folks to this piece of what seems a very versatile piece of kit for those with limited storage and carrying capacity.
Cheers
Iain.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Captain Yoghurtpot . Im currently at Malvern show and using the Cinch for the first time. It great and definitely is a one person put away. We checked out the U Tube video before attempting band found it very helpful. The bag was definitely big enough. I’m sure Wombles will be along with a lot more info as they have had theirs a lot longer. I’ve no experience of the accessories other than the storage pod which we found useful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles and thanks for such an interesting thread.
Have had a look at some of the Cinch info but have a few questions if I may ask to someone who has actually used one.
I also have used a Decathalon product but it was an airbeam type stand alone shelter/gazebo/ screenhouse type arrangement which we sold in order to go for a quest screenhouse as I had not heard of Cinch before.
I take it that collapsing the Cinch is a " figure of 8" type of manoeuvre to coil the sections onto each other?
Is this capable of being done by one person?
Does it go back in the bag easily?
Is it available without a groundsheet ?
Have you tried it at all with the vehicle connector 'tunnel' and if so, is that available as a drive away option?
I must say, from what I have seen it could well be the answer we are looking for presently, as space and length are now at a premium in our Campervan.
Our quest is excellent, but as said, it's very long to transport now.
Are codes still available at all now for discounts, and if so, could I trouble you for one please for the hub?
Are these only available on-line as I can't seem to find a stockist?
Many thanks for you taking the time to enlighten folks to this piece of what seems a very versatile piece of kit for those with limited storage and carrying capacity.
Cheers
Iain.
Hi - will try to answer as best as possible - Decathlon do some great stuff at fair prices so we also considered this one https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/6-man-camping-living-area-arpenaz-base-m/_/R-p-157674?mc=8648391&c=teal blue_frozen green as a budget option (currently £129) to replace our old Decathlon Base Seconds pop up pod (sadly discontinued) which was very similar to the Cinch.
The Cinch is a bit more complex to pack away than a simple pop up tent as it folds into 3 circles but it is a one man job once you get the knack but does involve kneeling on it on the ground - as Cal54 advised there are helpful Cinch videos including this one on dismantling (y)

Of course popping/putting it up is super quick & easy :smiley: It does fit well back into the bag once the supplied straps have been used to secure it in the collapsed shape.
Ours is a few years old now but it came with a tarpaulin type removeable groundsheet which we have never used - with our previous pop up we modified a breathable groundsheet adding suitable holes (using brass eyelets) for the pegging down points.
We haven't tried the connector tunnel yet - we would require the taller one & not sure how it would work with our sliding door - I know that Quest have been unable to overcome this issue with their prototype high tunnels for the Screenhouse so hoping to see a working model at a Show sometime before committing to this. The Storage Bay looks a very useful accessory.
Signing up on the Cinch website for their newsletter gives a 10% discount code - Cinch did offer a 15% code for Funsters previously so I'll follow up on this with an email today & post any discount codes or offers on this thread. If not in a rush it may be worth waiting for a NEC Show deal - know that they were offering the Hub with a connector tunnel for £299 total at this years's CCM Show so quite a saving if both wanted but can't see them on the list of exhibitors for the upcoming October MC Show - I'll check with them & update here. They do sell direct from their website & stock can be limited or a long wait at certain times of year.
The Quest Screenhouse is great but it is too big to store in some motorhomes & van conversions, including ours, the Cinch (or the budget poled Decathlon Arpenaz) can be better alternatives for some of us.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back