Choosing a Comfortable Campervan Seating Setup (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
WV California
We are now about to sell our California and move to a larger van. We have looked at Wildax( really like the Aurora), globecar, Cartago Malibu and a few other fixed bed options. The problem we have is that while sitting in the driver or passenger seats turned around to face the table, or the bench seat, my wife can’t put her feet flat on the floor because the seats are too high. She isn’t particularly short, but finds it uncomfortable when her feet dangle off the floor. How do other folks get around this?

Thanks Robbie

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
1715454235877.png
about £6 from Ikea does the job.

Upvote 0

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
We tend only to turn the passenger seat - which OH tends to sit on, I tend to use the bench seat. On the off occasion when we turn the drivers seat then yes, my feet dangle a bit. Solution for me to use passenger side and OH (at 6ft) to use the drivers side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

JnJ

Mar 15, 2019
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Not a campervan but, our current van is a Dethleffs trend. There is a step to right as you go in leaving the seating area and cab on one flat level. I am 5ft 4in and my feet can comfortably rest on the floor when sitting in the passenger seat. In previous vans I have had to as other posters have suggested and used a folding step stool.
Not sure if all models are the same though.20240328_143143.jpg

Upvote 0

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Other half has a folding step/stool from Lidl/Aldi about £10 and takes up no room when stored. It's about 10" tall from memory.
I use one of those folding step/stools to help getting onto the bed as its high, also if we're on levellers I use it to help me onto the van step - a dodgy ankle means I neither want to push or pull up from it.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Other half has a folding step/stool from Lidl/Aldi about £10 and takes up no room when stored. It's about 10" tall from memory.
OK I lied!:RollEyes:

It was £3.99 from Aldi! This was it https://www.aldi.co.uk/kirkton-house-folding-step-stool/p/710975454840800

Out of stock now (but they do come back every year or two).

As an option, if urgently needed, Argos have something similar at £9.00. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9302596?clickSR=slp:term:folding step stool:1:48:1

ps I lied again, in that it is just over 8.5" high!:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
If you get a folding ‘step-stool’ get a decent one then if you are tempted to use it as a step it will support you and not collapse as in a cheap one!
As we ‘full-time’ I have a plastic storage box in the passenger footwell which holds excess clothing, happens to be the right height for Pippa to sit on whilst travelling and for my feet, as I’m told I have ‘ducks disease’!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you get a folding ‘step-stool’ get a decent one then if you are tempted to use it as a step it will support you and not collapse as in a cheap one!
As we ‘full-time’ I have a plastic storage box in the passenger footwell which holds excess clothing, happens to be the right height for Pippa to sit on whilst travelling and for my feet, as I’m told I have ‘ducks disease’!
The Aldi one we've got takes 110kg but that's we underestimated as I use it to get the top of the screen covers tucked in!:whistle2:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back