Chausson Flash 02 2012 Electrical help (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 02
Exp
Total newbie
I am hoping someone is able to help who has a similar model. In the rear of the garage in the corners are some brown covers with cable connectors underneath. I was putting in a reverse camera and notice this one brown cable was not connected.

I used to be able to access a wiring diagram online at Markle Leisure but for some reason the page is no longer available.

It looks as though it should fit into the same connector as the white, but I don't want to take the chance of blowing something as it would seem only to short circuit the cable. All the rear light clusters work as they should so I suspect this is has something to do electrical controls.

Can anyone tell me what this cable is for and where it should be connected?

IMG_5095 2.jpg

Jun 24, 2023
Dunstable, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 02
Exp
2002 to 2010 the 2021 to now
I am hoping someone is able to help who has a similar model. In the rear of the garage in the corners are some brown covers with cable connectors underneath. I was putting in a reverse camera and notice this one brown cable was not connected.

I used to be able to access a wiring diagram online at Markle Leisure but for some reason the page is no longer available.

It looks as though it should fit into the same connector as the white, but I don't want to take the chance of blowing something as it would seem only to short circuit the cable. All the rear light clusters work as they should so I suspect this is has something to do electrical controls.

Can anyone tell me what this cable is for and where it should be connected?

View attachment 784939
Hi, I too have a Flash 02 (2008) though. I have from Trigano an electrical drawing and full manual, I could email a copy to you, should you want.
Having looked at drawing, blanc/white is negative and marron/brown is positive, but what they did you would have to view the drawing.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Frequently, the brown and white are used as negatives in 12v systems. If you have a multi meter it would be a wise precaution to test both separately and confirm no voltage, when the 12v system is switched on.
At a glance, yes it appear the wago type fitting has snagged and allowed the brown to escape, BUT, check. I'd say it's unusual to see two neutral wires paired in a sleeve like that, hopefully other's can comment further.
Mike.

OP
OP
Chris137
Feb 24, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 02
Exp
Total newbie
Hi, I too have a Flash 02 (2008) though. I have from Trigano an electrical drawing and full manual, I could email a copy to you, should you want.
Having looked at drawing, blanc/white is negative and marron/brown is positive, but what they did you would have to view the drawing.
Hi Bodoge. If you could email me both at chriswilliams137@yahoo.co.uk, that would be really helpful thanks. 🙏

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris137
Feb 24, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 02
Exp
Total newbie
Frequently, the brown and white are used as negatives in 12v systems. If you have a multi meter it would be a wise precaution to test both separately and confirm no voltage, when the 12v system is switched on.
At a glance, yes it appear the wago type fitting has snagged and allowed the brown to escape, BUT, check. I'd say it's unusual to see two neutral wires paired in a sleeve like that, hopefully other's can comment further.
Mike.
Thanks. I did put a multimeter on both and then reconnected to the wago. Everything is still working as it should, so seems weird. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the tow electrics which are present underneath but currently not used.

OP
OP
Chris137
Feb 24, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 02
Exp
Total newbie
With a Wago connector on that cable fairly safe to say it's not original.
Hi Lenny

Thanks. I thought this as well but on some of the wiring diagrams I’ve seen from Chausson they actually show Wago connectors on the layout.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back