Changing to a Lithium Leisure battery (28 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 16, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner 745
We have a 2021 Burstner 745 and want to change the leisure battery to one with more storage capacity. I have been receiving conflicting information as to whether I can do a straight swap for the 85 Ah lead acid to a 200 Ah lithium battery (of the same physical size). We have a Burstner fitted 120 watt PV cell on the roof. Some say yes, just change it; others say no because the Burstner charger isn't compatible. Any advice please? Thanks, Chris

Sep 29, 2020
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Your laptop may charge from 12volt. Mine will not. (and Noah probably still has the other one on the Ark)

Yes, the toothbrushes will, but my comment was more of an example for anybody who has existing small 240v equipment which they would like to charge without EHU.

I could list other such things, but it will only give the oportunity for somebody to say otherwise.
Yes agree that some people may need an inverter to charge their smaller appliances, but there are also alternative ways to charge small appliances without an inverteršŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
When I asked for an inverter to be fitted, they fitted a modulated unit, they did not have pure sine wave in stockšŸ˜©. The modulated is cheaper. To date it has worked well but not on toothbrushes! It melted their chargeršŸ˜³.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
At Lincoln show there were 5 or 6 stands selling Lithium products but really only one make of lithium battery LithiumPro and one make of ancillary equipment in blue boxes. I just hope they were a good choice for me.

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I listened to very informative sources when I converted our Hymer to Lithium... didn't short cut, bought one of the best branded batteries on the Market, Roamer..and as a battery is a power storage item, I was advised to provide it with the most practical means of recharging it...these being Solar with an MPPT controller to use whilst stationary, and a DC2DC charger whilst in motion...
Two years down the road, I can honestly say it's been well worth the effort, time and money..
I have since upgraded to more amperage to make our system even more efficient...
We charge eMTBs daily and have recently ventured into using 220v cooking appliances, so far on our current trip, everything is very sustainable...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back