Celebrating 17 Years of MotorhomeFun! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Thanks Jim for creating this wonderful forum which brings so many lovely people together in one place who generously give their time and knowledge to so many newbies like I was 8 years ago. Without them we would never have bought the 'right van for us' at the first attempt. I have no idea what van we would have bought, but knowing now what I didn't know 8 years ago it would almost certainly have been the wrong one.
Would I still be motorhoming? Probably not. Thanks to everyone :notworthy2:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Dear Funsters,

Today marks our 17th birthday, those years have shot by, and I couldn't be prouder of how far we've come.

I'd to thank all of you for your contributions, advice, and stories have made MotorhomeFun the go-to place for motorhome enthusiasts across the UK. Whether you're a long-time member or new to the club, you’ve all played a part in making this community what it is.

Here's to many more years of adventures, friendships, and fun on the road.

Cheers, you've been Brilliant

Jim

Youre welcome, drinks are on you at the Retro then :LOL::LOL:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Happy Birthday Fun and a big big thank you to the big man for not selling us down the river, no doubt he’s had offers but has stuck by us
You don’t run and grow a forum like this by luck, just sheer hard work and dedication.

BTW I think the subs are way too cheap, put em up, triple them, then blame the government :rofl: :rofl:
So long as Life Members can have a rebate. :whistle2:

truffs

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 24, 2012
Durham (Lanchester)
Funster No
MH
CV20
Exp
since 2006
Having lived all over ex military family/self have found it hard to stay in one place (base) so wandering and meeting people is my go to so this has been my lifesaver and not having to be inclusive. Go Motorhome Fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Happy B Day, started looking on here when fitting Solar into my first van, since then it’s helped me out no end when I’ve had issues, and I seem to have had plenty over the years, visited places on recommendations and stumbled across others accidentally, hopefully should have a new to us m home in a few days so I’ll be staying for a while yet.

Great forum 👍

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
All credit to you, Jim, without your dedication none of us would have enjoyed the give and take. The icing on the cake has been your ability to marshall support for those who need a bit of a leg up.

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Jim
This forum has been my ‘go to’ for advice, tips and remains a real fountain of knowledge since we started our motorhome journey.
One particular comment led to a saving of well over £700 and was all the prompt I needed to buy the life membership.
Keep it growing stronger and stronger!

Trevorn

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 26, 2019
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 586
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks jim for all.your hard work. You deserve all the praise and more. This is the only social media I do, what a wonderful font of knowledge, from wonderful people.
Thanks Trevor

• Thanks
Reactions: Jim
Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
I’d like to thank you - if we hadn’t come to Wrenbury - if Janine hadn’t asked me to join her workshop ….

View attachment 921705

Seriously- it changed my life!

Here’s to the next 17 years!
Wrenbury with the two pubs and a lift bridge? If so, lovely place we enjoyed while boating.

Reactions: Jim

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Many thanks Jim Sian and everyone for making motorhome fun a nice place to be. 😁
When Jim started fun after an upset on facts, he said I will start my own and the battle began. (y)
Well done Jim for all the hard work 24/7 365 days a year very much appreciated. :cool:
Happy 17th Birthday.
Janie and Bob.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
How time flies when your having FUN
We have been members 15 years, our first rally was Wrenbury new year, got stuck in the gateway because if snow, big John towed us into our parking spot for the rally.
I don’t post much but have enjoyed some rallies over the years and also ran the Whitby goth rally for a few years, we are again this year, but it will be our last one we run this year.
Thanks Jim & Sian

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
We've been members for 14yrs now and it's been the best thing we did next to buying our motorhome, some very helpful and knowledgable people here, thanks Jim and Sian for your time and efforts, very much appreciated.
A very happy 17th birthday. (y) :drinks::calig:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Wrenbury with the two pubs and a lift bridge? If so, lovely place we enjoyed while boating.
Yes, we went there twice. Both meets run by haganap.

The first one I fell in love with the uke.

The second one was Armytwowheels Sandra’s surprise hen night, when we did a pub themed van crawl. @silkcut Stuart treated us to a very full moon :rofl:, the heavens opened, and we held down mitzimad Steve and Di’s awning in a howling wind, and Mousy Dawn and I ended up trapped in Jim ‘s van and the only refreshment Siân had to offer was a bottle of Verve Cliquot - well, we couldn’t say no, could we! :rofl:

So Wrenbury and haganap ‘s meets are very memorable for me!

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Yes we attended a few meets organised by haganap, including a memorable New Year on a race course, a Scout's organised 'race night' in a barn somewhere I can't remember.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes, we went there twice. Both meets run by haganap.

The first one I fell in love with the uke.

The second one was Armytwowheels Sandra’s surprise hen night, when we did a pub themed van crawl. @silkcut Stuart treated us to a very full moon :rofl:, the heavens opened, and we held down mitzimad Steve and Di’s awning in a howling wind, and Mousy Dawn and I ended up trapped in Jim ‘s van and the only refreshment Siân had to offer was a bottle of Verve Cliquot - well, we couldn’t say no, could we! :rofl:

So Wrenbury and haganap ‘s meets are very memorable for me!
That was the best meet ever. Still feel grateful for all the effort put in my so many people.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
That was the best meet ever. Still feel grateful for all the effort put in my so many people.
Can’t believe it was all organised on FB messaging Sandra! No WhatsApp groups then :rofl:

We all wore pink and you had a butterfly encrusted veil (my needlework project under Mousy Dawn’s watchful eye) No two van pubs were the same, and some were posher than others (Siân did those posh cocktails - luckily she had a bottle of champagne left for when Dawn and I were trapped in her van by the deluge) :rofl:

I think we all managed to get round all the vans before the storm of biblical proportions hit - I think you lost your veil in the hurricane!

What a weekend that was 🎉🎊

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just found this - Cliff managed to get in on the action … :rofl:

IMG_0877.jpeg

Saying that - it was our van, so he was probably being ‘mein host’!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back