Carthago Tv system

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hi All
Can anyone shed some light on the Carthago TV systems please . I am told the tv are only monitors and the tuner is the box of gubbins in the cupboard . I am also told the TVs are not smart TVs either . So can you use a fire stick to get Netflix and Amazon prime, if so how ? Does it have to plug into the unit inside the cupboard ? Will the remote still work . AGH ! As you can tell I am not technical . Our current van has a Avtex smart tv. It’s very easy to operate .
Thanks all .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2020
Newer models are smart TVs (MY 2023 onwards if I recall correctly). Either way, yes you can plug a Firestick in. The “processor” unit in the cupboard has all the usual inputs, HDMI, USB etc., so the Firestick just plugs in there. My TV is smart, but I continue to use a Firestick because I can adjust the settings to limit data usage.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Hi All
Can anyone shed some light on the Carthago TV systems please . I am told the tv are only monitors and the tuner is the box of gubbins in the cupboard . I am also told the TVs are not smart TVs either . So can you use a fire stick to get Netflix and Amazon prime, if so how ? Does it have to plug into the unit inside the cupboard ? Will the remote still work . AGH ! As you can tell I am not technical . Our current van has a Avtex smart tv. It’s very easy to operate .
Thanks all .
Ours is a 22 Cathago, with the non smart tv. Yes you can plug a fire stick in the box in the cupboard- works well. I installed a separate freesat box which also works well- not impressed with the one built into the tv.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Ours is a 22 Cathago, with the non smart tv. Yes you can plug a fire stick in the box in the cupboard- works well. I installed a separate freesat box which also works well- not impressed with the one built into the tv.
Thank you for your reply . That’s excellent . 👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2005
Carthago use Alphatronics tvs which are, basically, rebadged LGs. If you take a look at the Alphatronics site you'll see that most of the range are single unit smart tvs. The model with the separate box is used in Carthago models like the Liner for Two, where the screen is stored behind the lounge seating and is raise/lowered electrically. The box is in a cupboard and contains all HDMI, USB, etc. connections. It is accessible with the removal of two screws that hold a wooden screen in place.
You can use streaming units like firestick. I have the model with the separate box attached to a roku streamer with an HDMI cable. I also use the screen to mirror the PC, which can be done via HDMI, or wirelessly if you have a wifi router.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hmmm got me thinking that although my c line is 2016 I wonder if that’s why the previous owner ripped out the Carthago tv set up and put in an Avtex tv, which im 95% glad he did but I does take away the factory look!!
That said this van is looking less and less factory by the week🤷‍♂️🤪🤪🤪

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
In my last 3 motorhomes I have only specified the bracket and wiring. My Avtex is now in it’s third van.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back