Carthago option

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hi All
I am seeking your advice yet again. Having just returned from the show ( like hundreds of others ) we are seriously considering ordering a new van . After much searching we have decided on a Carthago Chic C line A Class. This will be our first A class and our first European van . We have always had Autotrail.
The options list for Carthago is huge and can be very costly . I am interested to get your opinions as to which options are desirable and would be essential and those which are not . For example a coffee machine and inverter is £1800. Carpet set £600 ish , silver paint £3500 ish ……full leather £3500 ish.
Advice please as to which options you would consider are key to retain good resale value.
Thank you

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner-for-t
Hi All
I am seeking your advice yet again. Having just returned from the show ( like hundreds of others ) we are seriously considering ordering a new van . After much searching we have decided on a Carthago Chic C line A Class. This will be our first A class and our first European van . We have always had Autotrail.
The options list for Carthago is huge and can be very costly . I am interested to get your opinions as to which options are desirable and would be essential and those which are not . For example a coffee machine and inverter is £1800. Carpet set £600 ish , silver paint £3500 ish ……full leather £3500 ish.
Advice please as to which options you would consider are key to retain good resale value.
Thank you
Hi,
Exciting times!
These are some of the things we have which I'm led to believe are desirable.
My van has a coffee machine and inverter. The inverter is wired to all the 13amp sockets so it's a good thing to have. Silver paint definitely, leather ditto. We tend to lay the carpets in the winter . However we find they constantly need vacuumed!But they do protect the floor from winter mud etc.
Habitation ac is a must,
The engine preheat arrangement for the Alde heating is also very handy.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Hi,
I've a Liner for Two which I bought in 2022 from a dealer already fitted with a coffee machine and inverter.
Just wondered if you'd had any issues with the inverter.
On our previous van we had the Carthago pack - the Dometic (Prev Weaco?) 1800w inverter - it had to be reset a couple of times with the switch on the unit itself, not the remote panel, but didn't fail as such. We only had it for 2 years. Researching the topic on the Web came up with a few instances where the auto transfer switch would pack up, so I decided if/when it broke we would replace with an alternative make. That van had 3 X 80AH Gel batteries, which I think is a little ambitious for the inverter at full power, so I doubt the batts would have lasted the 10years or so they should.

The new van was dealer stock and had no inverter, but the slide/lift and electrical socket for the coffee machine was all in place, god knows why since the space was then useless. We added a Victron inverter/charger (a bit of extra 240v wiring and an additional switch in the consumer unit) and the Krupps Essenzo Mini machine set to turn off quickly after use which I think is the only modification made by Carthago. That was part of adding Lithium batts, and extra solar, so I think now the battery/inverter system is more able to cope with the loads.

The little machine needed the settings altered to produce decent coffee, but with 2 decent brand capsules (only 5g of coffee each) per small cup it's OK for us and gets used quite a bit.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back