Carthago hab panel displays low battery 10v but shunt reading over 13v. Solar readings similar. Where to check next ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-line
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,
So ignoring the B2B / SCR issue and trying to test the rest of the install, I have configured the inverter and confirmed it sends power to the sockets ok. So that bit works and i can turn it on/off from the panel inside the van.
But my main control panel is only showing a HAB battery voltage of 10v and flashing low volts on the ALDE panel even though the fogstar and shunt are showing 13.2v , they are identical solar of 88w so those appear to be in-sync.

Plugged in mains and the charger panel reads ok and fogstar shows nearly 800w input.

So where do i check now to sort the low volts on the hab panel ?
Had fitted 2 new earths, one from the inverter (earth) and one from the negative busbar. All cleaned and shiny new holes/bolts/washers etc.

Everything else is connected and tight. Had not touched the existing earths.

Any thoughts ?
Cheers
IMG_4795.jpeg

IMG_4798.jpeg

IMG_4797.png

IMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4800.png

Last edited:

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Just checking if you have a shunt fitted I am sure only the negative from the shunt should be connected to the negative on the battery or the panel won’t see it, if this is correct turn everything off disconnect solar panels if you have any, remove ehu and leave a few hours they reconnect battery first then solar, it may just need a reboot

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
If you measure the voltage between B2 and GND in the DS470, you should get the hab battery voltage. If you only get 10v, then follow the Pos/Neg cables back to check fuses/connections etc. If you get the full 13.5v, then there is an issue between the panel and DS (which I doubt!).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back