Carthago DVT Roof Mounted Ariel is it powered? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi can anyone help me on whether the Cartahgo Roof mounted DVT standard Aeriel is 12V powered?
If it is powered, where is it powered from?, i.e Feed from behind the radio head unit?
I know that using the TV there is an Ariel power setting in the TV settings menu that sends power to the Ariel somehow, but as for the radio this function does not exist AFAIK.
We have crap reception on the Radio, there is a stand alone loose red wire not marked just coiled up near the radio wiring loom, and I am tempted to shove some power up it to see if the radio reception improves. I must add that the van came without the audio/media pack, no radio or TV, so I had to fit both on acquisition of the van from new.
I haven't found a wiring diagram for the Ariel, and I cannot get to the back of it to see how many wires go to it as Carthago as too good at concealing things like wiring/pipes etc.
Appreciate any help on this.
LES

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have the media pack in our 2019 Carthago but the radio reception has always been crap, no idea why.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back