Carthago A class windscreen

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner-for-t
Hi,
Does anyone know if a Carthago A class Liner-for-two windscreen is available from any source other than Carthago

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Hi,
Does anyone know if a Carthago A class Liner-for-two windscreen is available from any source other than Carthago
Does the insurance not cover the windows? I ask because if it does, then who cares where the glass comes from? My policy states that all windows are covered, however, until the time comes (hopefully never) one never really knows.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner-for-t
Does the insurance not cover the windows? I ask because if it does, then who cares where the glass comes from? My policy states that all windows are covered, however, until the time comes (hopefully never) one never really knows.
At around £4,000 plus fitting from Carthago an insurance claim might just have quite an effect on future premiums........

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
At around £4,000 plus fitting from Carthago an insurance claim might just have quite an effect on future premiums........
Windscreen claims don't normally affect premiums.

My mate had his E Line one done by Autoglass OEM one was 3 month delivery as he was going away he had a pattern one fitted, they came prepared with new plastic side trims and did a good job.

But other people I know have been disappointed wiylth patteren screens I think it's pot luck

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Ours broke in May (Compactline). Were told by autoglass that it cost over £6,000. It cost us £95 - NFU insurance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As Lenny said windscreen/glass claims usually have no effect whatsoever on NCD or premiums as they can just go without any 'fault' on any party.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ah, yes, I imagine it would. The insurance mafias will crucify you on renewal.
No they won't, when I've flagged up that we've had to claim for a windscreen in the last 5 years (on a car) they say it doesn't matter and has never affected any premiums or NCD.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner-for-t
As Lenny said windscreen/glass claims usually have no effect whatsoever on NCD or premiums as they can just go without any 'fault' on any party.
Does it not depend on the insurance company? As a matter of interest I could only find 2 companies which would quote for a Liner for Two..

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
No they won't, when I've flagged up that we've had to claim for a windscreen in the last 5 years (on a car) they say it doesn't matter and has never affected any premiums or NCD.
Well that's good to know, I was not aware of that and if it ever happens to me, I sincerely hope you are right.

Upvote 0

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Sadly, if you don't read the small print then you can get caught by assuming your covered.

E.g LV insurance, buy direct from LV windscreen cover upto market value of the vehicle. Buy from a broker ( think it's called Highway insurance) then windscreen cover was £600 when I looked a couple of years ago. So always go direct.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Does it not depend on the insurance company?
The only restriction is usually if there is a limit on the cost of replacement, eg Highway as mentioned above is one who don't give anything like sufficient cover even for a standard van windscreen. If you take out insurance you always have to make sure it has sufficient cover for your needs/likely needs.

As a matter of interest I could only find 2 companies which would quote for a Liner for Two..
That's more than likely to do with the MH value rather than anything else.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back