Caravan & Motorhome maker (Swift UK) announces up to 175 job losses (6 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I agree

But when you say owt folk think you're just uk bashing
Defo agree
I think it all changed in the 80's .... I think UK business, public services etc have all been on a downhill spiral since.
Its taken a longtime but I think the economy is actually stronger than some of our neighbours again. German manufacturing in particular is going through major trauma, there will be a lot of job losses and ramifications for the EU as a whole that is also not good for us.
It's all coffee shops and tat these days.
Agreed ,High st retail is on borrowed time because of online sales
Uk industry and manufacturing has been almost eradicated.
There's quite a bit of high end/precision etc, the trouble is as soon as the bugs are worked out production gets farmed out, mostly to China who are chiselers.

May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
If you look it up two other manufacturers have already made redundant a lot of staff under the previous leader! It's just the end of the staycation boom I think
Maybe it all blends in with that problem of over-charging by British sites compared to European sites. Why would you go away camping for the weekend, when it costs nearly as much as B&B?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Maybe it all blends in with that problem of over-charging by British sites compared to European sites. Why would you go away camping for the weekend, when it costs nearly as much as B&B?
It does depend though on if you use big sites or CLS which often are still very good value

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Because you would rather be in your own space than in a B&B🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back