Caravan and Motorhome Club's website down! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Went down Saturday morning. Still down. Initially home page said maintenance, now say IT issues. Dont know why you have a blank page, however. It must be an even bigger IT issue than normal.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Perhaps they been hacked 😳
Even wardens can't access system so can't book folk in or out. Just hoping it lasts for the rest of the week and we could be on a freebie!:whistle2::giggler:

Tongue in cheek the rumour says Fujitsu is involved in the system supply / management! Given the weather just now I think this rumour could have some credence as nobody can see the Horizon!:getmecoat:

Last edited:

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
You would have thought that they would have some kind of DR failover system.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Last week I booked a 10 day trip to Scotland on my laptop, staying 3 nights on club sites, 2 of those nights being on one site. When I went to the checkout I was charged for those 2 nights twice. It was a nightmare.
It took a while to sort it out. I had no issues at all with booking the 7 independent sites.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
Our Rally Hosts here in Alannia Costa Blanca were contacted about 11am local by a member of CAMC staff from their mobile to say they had had an IT problem and the phones and website were down. Beyond I know nothing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Message on web site has now changed saying still problems, you can check in but no new bookings or changes to bookings and don’t phone. Wonder what happens to the 21 day cancellation window?
According to another forum there have been high level meetings! You bet there have.!

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
The level of CAMC IT expertise is seriously lacking, demonstrated after the recent new website launch. I hoped it’s not been hacked, but wouldn’t be surprised. In which case if there’s been a data breach they need to make an official statement and report themselves to the relevant authorities ASAP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back