Carado v337 or Sunlight V66 (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We've pretty much narrowed our search for a first motorhome down to a 6.5m (max we can manage where we live) with twin rear beds and these two identical ones really fit the bill. Has anyone owned one/owns one or any views on them ?

Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
Are you aware they are produced together?

we have a Sunlight T68 XV bought as we preferred the interior colour scheme to the sister brand.

Nearly three years old now and no issues caused by the MoHo manufacture, no loose screws etc. similar comments about both manufacturers on the Sunlight, Corado and Dethleffs pages on fb.

OP
OP
DandJ
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Cheers, yes I was aware (hence the identical...I had one of each on my laptop screen and realised by vents/windows etc....then a quick google revealed all)
I'll have a look on FB for the groups on there.

OP
OP
DandJ
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Just seen your location, we are just back home in France after 2.5 weeks at our daughters in the Sandy Lane area. Small world

Jul 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
On Order.Carado V337
just been to see our V337, we pick it up in 10 days or so ...I think that the Sunlight V66 has a slightly younger styling re upholstery, Etrusco V6600sb is the other Hymer brand of the same model but styled and built in Italy ...

We are on a Carado FB page

OP
OP
DandJ
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Well so much for having narrowed it down to the above two. We looked at a private sale, nearly new Chausson s697 today and appear to be very nearly its new owners, a deal having been struck....just a bit of french bureacracy to sort. Happy days.

Jul 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
On Order.Carado V337

nice, looks a little more plush than the Carado V337 /sunlight V66 Etrusco

OP
OP
DandJ
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We are hoping it is as well built as the German ones. Time will tell
Very much looking forward to travels in it...winter weeks in the sunshine sounds like a good plan

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Vote of confidence from us. Carado. Not a single issue in 4 years. Would probably have preferred the Sunlight as the schemes are a bit brighter and attractive (the carados are a little bit beige) but we bought off stock at the time. No regrets at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DandJ
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Up early to drive down to a small village near Bordeaux to collect our new to us MH. Happy days

OP
OP
DandJ
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Well, happy days, we had an uneventful trip to collect the motorhome. It was c 150 miles away and speaking and reading/writing O-level french, we used a very helpful chap to do the registration process (Straightforward if you're both tech savvy...and french!) By sheer good luck, he lives 1 mile away from the couple we bought from...what are the chances of that ! The tax we had to pay was c£275 That is on registration, no annual road fund licence from then on)
The poor old feller selling it (together with his far more savvy wife) is slowly succumbing to dementia so struggled to explain much of the vans operation so we have several instruction manuals to read.
A longer than expected drive home courtesy of my out of date satnav that failed to recognise several roads that have been there for years...oops....saw 35mpg. Pleased with that.
The big stress all week had been 'will we get it up the drive, round the corner to where we want/need to park it?'
Yup, went straight on which was a huge relief (We are going to re-jig the concret gateposts and widen it by 2 feet and put wooden posts and gates in instead, belt and braces for ensuring we don't damage the sides if we arrived home in the dark and cock up the manoeuvre.

53158711884_22f4cb4912_c.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back