Carado T447 Satellite update guide (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A68
I had to update our Satellite box on our 2017 Carado T447 and it was a bit of a challenge so I tried to document how I did it to help others in the future. Perhaps there was an easier way and would welcome feedback.

Our Carado is fitted with a non Bluetooth Teleco Flatsat Classic so must be updated by USB cable (the type you use to connect to your printer. The reason for the update was a change on the Astra 2 and Teleco released and update to fix this.

I discovered the box is located behind the Satellite controller panel:
IMG_20240801_111013.jpg
I was unable to remove the panel it was located behind because the the TV bracket/arm was blocking it's removable. I removed the TV and attempted to remove the bracket however after removing the screws it became apparent the bracket was also glued to the panel. I feared damaging the panel by forcing the bracket off so I abandoned this idea.

Next I removed the satellite controller by simply removing the facia and then the four screws:
IMG_20240801_111022.jpg

IMG_20240802_172117.jpg

This exposed the cable that connects the controller to the box. This appears to be a cable similar to a network cable/CAT5 and was simple to remove. Next came the fiddly bit. Looking at diagrams of the box online I was able to feel that the usb port was accessible just above the hole. As you can see from the next image I was able with several attempts to insert the usb cable into the socket.
IMG_20240802_172127.jpg

Now I was able to download the Teleco Easy Updater to my laptop https://www.telecogroup.com/en/software-upd and connect the usb to my laptop. The software guides you through the steps to update. Have an image of the box handy as there is a tiny little button you need to press at one point that is to the left of my image located between two cables so feel around for it with your finger. Armed with the diagram you will find it eventually. From there everything went smoothly. I was tempted to leave the usb cable plugged in for next time but couldn't get it to thread to one of the vents.

Hope this guide helps someone.

Jim Schush

Free Member
Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
Thanks for the info Boyzie,
I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to update the system on our Dethleffs and the control box is easy to get at!
I followed the on screen instructions but nothing happened (onscreen it showed as disconnected although everything was plugged in). Can you remember what the button was for that you mentioned.

C63456FA-747B-4AC1-BADA-7186CA6AB8BA.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back