Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Great news, hope it stays that way
Just starting out on my journey with Bowel Cancer
Stay safe
Joe
I don't know you Joe, but I do wish you well. Stay positive and strong. I have a friend who beat bowel cancer using his determination.

All the best.

OP
OP
Ukbandit

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Great news, hope it stays that way
Just starting out on my journey with Bowel Cancer
Stay safe
Joe
Just been to a group called Well, all cancer sufferers and survivors, I was talking to a few people that had bowel cancer, I was interested how life was using a colostomy bag, as I was told after my 1st op that I would probably have the bladder removed and a colostomy bag fitted. They were all positive and seemed okay with it, much better than the alternative. Hope your journey goes well and you have a bit of luck following you. Take care.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
I don't know you Joe, but I do wish you well. Stay positive and strong. I have a friend who beat bowel cancer using his determination.

All the best.
Thanks my friend, I have the support of Sue, 3 sons, and all my friends on MHF, most of whom i have yet to meet,
Plus I have a Motothome to use, and a workshop full of tools and timber to get on with !!
Thanks to you all
Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Just been to a group called Well, all cancer sufferers and survivors, I was talking to a few people that had bowel cancer, I was interested how life was using a colostomy bag, as I was told after my 1st op that I would probably have the bladder removed and a colostomy bag fitted. They were all positive and seemed okay with it, much better than the alternative. Hope your journey goes well and you have a bit of luck following you. Take care.
Have had a loop colostomy done to rest the bowel during Chemo, which should be reversible once the offending lump has been reduced and removed.
Started Chemo this week, so here goes,
Thanks again
Joe

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ukbandit. Graham, great news for you, Lynn, and the family..............and especially at Christmas time. Well done pal. (y)

When are you heading down to Benidorm? We'll be there from the 10th Jan onwards. It would be good to meet up for a chat and a :drinks: with you. Until then you take care. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :xsmile:

P.S. I promise not to bring any of that 0% Guinness that you love so much. :xrofl:

OP
OP
Ukbandit

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Ukbandit. Graham, great news for you, Lynn, and the family..............and especially at Christmas time. Well done pal. (y)

When are you heading down to Benidorm? We'll be there from the 10th Jan onwards. It would be good to meet up for a chat and a :drinks: with you. Until then you take care. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :xsmile:

P.S. I promise not to bring any of that 0% Guinness that you love so much. :xrofl:
Thanks Jock it means a lot, itā€™s great just to be able to start planning a trip to Spain, when the only thing Iā€™ve been thinking about was living without a major part of my body. But thatā€™s behind me now so our plan for Spain is to go around the 20th Jan and stay for 2 weeks before moving on, we had already said after the last 2 trips we wouldnā€™t stay more than a couple of weeks. So yes it will be good to meet up and have a drink or two.
Merry Christmas and love to Rita.

OP
OP
Ukbandit

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Graham, I missed this, what brilliant news. Sooo chuffed. Looking forward to more tunes in more tents. šŸŽø Merry Christmas.
Thanks Jim, that means a lot, will be over your end again soon love to Sain and Katy and have a great Christmas

Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
Just a quick post for all who know me and the health issues Iā€™ve been having since the start of 2022, the open heart surgery for a new valve fitting and the quad bypass, went well and recovery is great, feel like a new man. The cancer they found during my heart surgery, was my biggest worry but after 2 operations on my bladder I got the call yesterday from my consultant that they got it all out and Iā€™m now cancer free. Hope I donā€™t get run over by a bus in the next few weeks. Espania here we come.
Great News what a fantastic Xmas present

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Brilliant news. Now go and live life to the full. Make memoriesā€¦.lots of memories. Happy Christmas :xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I know we have communicated privately Graham but I would just like to add I totally admire the way in which you have treated your not inconsequential problems with pragmatic disdain, well done pal, you can buy another guitar now:xThumb: See you in a field soon mate:dance2:

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
That's fantastic news to hear .
Merry Christmas and a very happy new year.

OP
OP
Ukbandit

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
I know we have communicated privately Graham but I would just like to add I totally admire the way in which you have treated your not inconsequential problems with pragmatic disdain, well done pal, you can buy another guitar now:xThumb: See you in a field soon mate:dance2:
Pragmatic disdain!! flip me Iā€™ll have to get the dictionary out.

Dec 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Got an all clear for my lymphoma last week. To be honest, happily, the chemo was never that bad. And recovering from a stupid hernia I caused working in the garage...
I'm booked on the tunnel south bound in the new year too :)

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
I have incurable bladder cancer & have the bag in place of my bladder. Using the bag takes a little getting used to. I change my bag every other day. When fitting a new bag, take extra care so that you never have a leak.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back