Can I replace the gas electronic crash sensor changeover valve for a manual one (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
as above

i've had 2 replaced under warranty and another one being changed this coming thursday morning, that will be the last one as i'm sick of them. No crashes, no bumps or thumps along the journey, they just decide to stop working once I get to where i'm going as in Pickering last thursday :mad:

Leaving me with no fridge, hot water or cooking on gas

So is it just a matter of removing the valve whats on atm and changing for a manual reset one and if so any ifs and buts and recommendations

cheers

Al

PS. can Basildog advise, and if poss are you attending Drax this weekend

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
as above

i've had 2 replaced under warranty and another one being changed this coming thursday morning, that will be the last one as i'm sick of them. No crashes, no bumps or thumps along the journey, they just decide to stop working once I get to where i'm going as in Pickering last thursday :mad:

So is it just a matter of removing the valve whats on atm and changing for a manual reset one and if so any ifs and buts and recommendations

cheers

Al

Al n Val you wasn’t far from Basildog when you was at Pickering.

Don’t see why it cannot be swapped out, you never really travel with gas on anyways

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
i've just looked and your right, tbh i've just spoken to Charlie and he's advised me so looks like i'll be paying him a call

Sounds like a nice fella btw (y)
Don’t mention thread tape though.

Are going manual valve or manual with crash?

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
as above

cheers

Al

You just need one of these Al

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
You just need one of these Al

hi Dave

thats whats on it now but as you know there is the electronic solenoid below it operated by the crash sensor so i'd be exactly the same as i am mate wouldn't I if i didn't have the solenoid bit removed

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
hi Dave

thats whats on it now but as you know there is the electronic solenoid below it operated by the crash sensor so i'd be exactly the same as i am mate wouldn't I if i didn't have the solenoid bit removed
It's totally different, the solenoid valve is between the changeover and the 10mm compression fitting this cuts the valve out

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Al, is this yours the black circle?

1722265263446.jpeg

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We cured urs by putting an inline LPG filter between the supply and the regulator, might be an idea to turn the bottle towards the regulator to take sharp curve out of the flexible pipe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Basildog

So an update

called in at Charlies this morning at Autogas 2000

All the electronic junk was disconnected and removed

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

new 2 way gas regulator with manual crash reset fitted, all gas tested for leaks and pressure test and voila

IMG_1048-compressed.jpeg

IMG_1049-compressed.jpeg

We have gas again :clap2:

thanks Charlie for getting me in at very short notice, recommend these guys 100%

Al (y)(y)(y)

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Just as an aside, ours kept tripping to red led/crash sensor off when the voltage around the van went up to about 15v with a dubious solar controller. An improved MPPT solar controller has sorted the problem

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Just as an aside, ours kept tripping to red led/crash sensor off when the voltage around the van went up to about 15v with a dubious solar controller. An improved MPPT solar controller has sorted the problem

i'm all Victron gear so hopefully not that

it was explained to me by Charlie and his mate that the elec one "HAS" to be mounted completely flat or it will just trip out anytime, mine had been mounted on double sided tape on a near 45dg cab floor so possibly why i've had 3 already under warranty and gonna get a 4th one thursday, hopefully thats all behind me now and another manufacturing blunder sorted ;) (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back