Campsites in Italy (1 Viewer)

Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Totally new to motor homing - but very eager to learn! :)
Hi, Just signed up for Camping-Car-Parks in France. It looks great that they have sites all over. Is there an organisation like that in Italy? I've been looking on line but can't find anything and would really like to spend a couple of months touring Italy this summer...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm not aware of anything, I just used the apps Like CamperContact and Park4Night to find places. Most aires are commercially run and some are not very attractive - think dusty, shadeless and MHs crowded together. We often used campsites which were only a few euros more a night and generally much nicer, often with trees to give shade. Don't expect a uniform standard, there are good places and some not so good. Join ACSI to find reasonable campsites.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp
Motorhoming since 2011 - now returning after a long break!
There used to be a publication - probably now online - called Aree di Sosta (its what Italian Aires are called) - could try to online search using that?

Upvote 0
May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
No, but there's plenty of Sostas, and as mentioned above , standards vary widely. They do thin out a bit the further south you go. We've found Pitches also tend to be smaller in Italy and EHU current (if available) sometimes restricted to 3 amps. Fantastic country though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
There used to be a publication - probably now online - called Aree di Sosta (its what Italian Aires are called) - could try to online search using that?
Thanks for that, I'll try them now!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
No, but there's plenty of Sostas, and as mentioned above , standards vary widely. They do thin out a bit the further south you go. We've found Pitches also tend to be smaller in Italy and EHU current (if available) sometimes restricted to 3 amps. Fantastic country though.
Ah, good to know about the EHU... And I'll search out the Sostas now.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp
Motorhoming since 2011 - now returning after a long break!
Ah, good to know about the EHU... And I'll search out the Sostas now.
We once spent a very happy night at a Buffalo Farm near Naples (no charge and EHU thrown in for nowt), and were able to buy fresh and delicious Mozzarella the next morning.

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Hi there. We have spent the last three weeks in Italy. We use Searchforsites and have always found something. Many of the places further south and on the east side seem to cost, but prices and quality varies. We have found the comments left by others a fairly good guide.

A lot depends if you need EHU each night, and if you are using the place to Kip, or stay for a few days. We tend to park up for a night or two near something or somewhere we want to see.

Have a good trip

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
We once spent a very happy night at a Buffalo Farm near Naples (no charge and EHU thrown in for nowt), and were able to buy fresh and delicious Mozzarella the next morning.
That sounds amazing! :smiley:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Hi there. We have spent the last three weeks in Italy. We use Searchforsites and have always found something. Many of the places further south and on the east side seem to cost, but prices and quality varies. We have found the comments left by others a fairly good guide.

A lot depends if you need EHU each night, and if you are using the place to Kip, or stay for a few days. We tend to park up for a night or two near something or somewhere we want to see.

Have a good trip
Thanks for that... I'll make a note of Searchforsites.. Hoping to spend maybe a week/two in some places if they are really nice and just meander round wherever I fancy at the time. :giggle:

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2014
Canals
Funster No
MH
Burstner T727
Exp
I used an App called Agricamper when in Italy last year. I think it cost around 20 euro to join, 1st night at every location is free, however, you are expected to buy some of their products, it is possible to stay extra nights but that is between you and the site owner.
At one location last year, we had wanted to have a meal but the owner was having a party for all of the local farmers about 100 and we were invited to join in, it was a great evening , which included BBQ, wine and singing and dancing, all at no cost. We stayed for a second night and had dinner with the owner and her family, in the afternoon she asked us what we would like to eat, our reply was we wanted to eat as you do so, a feast was prepared and enjoyed. The second nights total cost was 38 euros which included the meals (x2) 2lts of Red wine and some great fun.
Well worth the initial outlay.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I used an App called Agricamper when in Italy last year. I think it cost around 20 euro to join, 1st night at every location is free, however, you are expected to buy some of their products, it is possible to stay extra nights but that is between you and the site owner.
At one location last year, we had wanted to have a meal but the owner was having a party for all of the local farmers about 100 and we were invited to join in, it was a great evening , which included BBQ, wine and singing and dancing, all at no cost. We stayed for a second night and had dinner with the owner and her family, in the afternoon she asked us what we would like to eat, our reply was we wanted to eat as you do so, a feast was prepared and enjoyed. The second nights total cost was 38 euros which included the meals (x2) 2lts of Red wine and some great fun.
Well worth the initial outlay.
What an amazing experience !!

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Can’t remember if it was via Agricamper or not, but like budgie348 we enjoyed some great hospitality at a Sosta, which was at a vineyard in Neive (near Turin).
We had a great evening of wine tasting with a young German couple, hosted by the lovely lady owner who was very generous with the tastings and some accompaniments.
There was no language common to all of us, but French was the closest, so lots of translations going on between English, Italian, German and French.
One of the most memorable evenings of our three month European trip and very inexpensive, even after buying half a dozen bottles of their wine.
Used Agricamper a couple of other times too and would recommend.

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mymer 560MLI

Have a good trip
Hi, I'm trying to find a site, or secure car park as near to Naples airport as possible. We have a family set up in which we drive as very seniors over several weeks to a city, park A Class in secure area, fly back to UK. Our young family fly out on same plane and collect van and spend 2 to 3 weeks driving back doing their own thing. Van is left about 3 hours due to security check ins but family have to find it easily. Worked brilliantly over many countries but just can't find parking or suitable site in Naples .it's 3m high, 7m long and official car parks so far not answered emails. Mid July.
Many thanks . Martyn

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We left UK at the start of April, travelled through France and Switzerland into Italy at Como, down the west coast and for the last 8 nights in Sicily. Mostly we've used ACSI in Sicily for €23 a night with ehu. Good standard and very popular but no problem for availability. ACSI gives us free showers. No extra charge for a second person, unlike CAMC. 😡 A few Search 4 Sites. And one car park. I like the idea of Agricamper. Might try that in Puglia for our last week. There are some big mohos, Swiss and German using ACSI too. Try to get to some buffalo farms for fresh burata and mozzarella near Paestum. Out of this world! Safe travels!

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Im off to Eu in June towing my Ducati monster 750 on the new trailer so I can park up at secure sites and explore on the bike ,, wonder if the Italians will love me more riding a Ducati????

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
The trains are very good around Naples. If you use a site near a station, you can get to the airport very easily. We used a site to the west of the city at Quarto. Very good, and the guy will keep an eye on your van. Castagnaro parking, Via Vicinale del Castagnaro 46/a. Tel 081 18745905

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mymer 560MLI
The trains are very good around Naples. If you use a site near a station, you can get to the airport very easily. We used a site to the west of the city at Quarto. Very good, and the guy will keep an eye on your van. Castagnaro parking, Via Vicinale del Castagnaro 46/a. Tel 081 18745905
Thanks, that gives us hope and will follow it up. Our only other problem is we have to check in by 8 am so will have to sort train times or taxi.

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mymer 560MLI
We left UK at the start of April, travelled through France and Switzerland into Italy at Como, down the west coast and for the last 8 nights in Sicily. Mostly we've used ACSI in Sicily for €23 a night with ehu. Good standard and very popular but no problem for availability. ACSI gives us free showers. No extra charge for a second person, unlike CAMC. 😡 A few Search 4 Sites. And one car park. I like the idea of Agricamper. Might try that in Puglia for our last week. There are some big mohos, Swiss and German using ACSI too. Try to get to some buffalo farms for fresh burata and mozzarella near Paestum. Out of this world! Safe travels!
Thanks, looks like I will have to rejoin ACSI. Summer rates always seem so high. We are in Pyrenees at the moment and maximum payment 13 Euro, one at 3.80 rest nothing for 3 weeks.

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Thanks, that gives us hope and will follow it up. Our only other problem is we have to check in by 8 am so will have to sort train times or taxi.
The walk to the station is about 10 mins. It is down hill from the site through a ‘secret’ path past the site owner’s house. The trains are part of the commuter system so will be frequent. If you call the site owner- he does speak some English- he might be able to provide times. The trains are the Metro and are good quality. Tickets are about €2 each, one way.
The site is quite big and I’m sure you could ‘leave’ your van by arrangement. I hope it works out well for you.
D

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mymer 560MLI
The walk to the station is about 10 mins. It is down hill from the site through a ‘secret’ path past the site owner’s house. The trains are part of the commuter system so will be frequent. If you call the site owner- he does speak some English- he might be able to provide times. The trains are the Metro and are good quality. Tickets are about €2 each, one way.
The site is quite big and I’m sure you could ‘leave’ your van by arrangement. I hope it works out well for you.
D
Again ,thank you. After a bit more research we will contact him.
Martyn

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2020
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since2001
I haven't yet used it as only found the app after we left Italy last year, but it looks really interesting if you like rural farm retreats.... Search for AgriCamper (Italia)

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
We stayed on a site last year under Pompeii station leave it there and then it is pitched ready for the first night and get train to the airport Pompeii is beautiful

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mymer 560MLI
We stayed on a site last year under Pompeii station leave it there and then it is pitched ready for the first night and get train to the airport Pompeii is beautiful
Thanks, a site under Pompeii station sounds interesting, any idea of name?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back