Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
just for info

One of our favourite sites in the Loire valley no longer accepts tag axel anything, we were there in April this year and had no issues but our friends arrived an hour ago in their tag axel motorhome and were refused entry.

Shame as we really like it there as well 😰

Has anyone else in a tag axel motorhome been refused entry to a campsite.

Maybe if their isn’t one we can start a new thread listing sites who don’t accept them.

Al 😟

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Off to the camping car park then ?
6F725ACA-9230-423D-8EC4-EF171D5CF6D0.png

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
We're at La Flesche now. Great site (No Tag axles) but the town though very historic is touristically dead.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have a feeling the site over the bridge at Saumur Ile d’Offard doesn’t. We have a PVC but I think Sheddy had trouble. Might be my memory playing tricks though.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
We're at La Flesche now. Great site (No Tag axles) but the town though very historic is touristically dead.

We love La Fleche and been several times

could you poss do me a favour and ask them if no tag axel means caravans or motorhomes as well, as the 4/5 times we’ve been it’s all been in a tag motorhome

And is that only in certain parts of the season, ie; only high season

cheers
Al

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
just for info

One of our favourite sites in the Loire valley no longer accepts tag axel anything, we were there in April this year and had no issues but our friends arrived an hour ago in their tag axel motorhome and were refused entry.

Shame as we really like it there as well 😰

Has anyone else in a tag axel motorhome been refused entry to a campsite.

Maybe if their isn’t one we can start a new thread listing sites who don’t accept them.

Al 😟

When I was there in June on a pitch opposite was a big US made RV. It can't be only about the length of the outfit.

Having said that, when I stopped there again a couple of weeks ago in high season it was rammed and I was glad I had reserved by phone. The only available pitches were pretty small grass ones. No hard standing pitches left like the one the RV had stood on.

I am familiar with Municipal campsites refusing entry to all twin axle caravans, but that's to deter Travellers (Gens de Voyage). The one at La Fleche is still a Municipal campsite. One of the better ones and very popular in high season.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
We were there in early July. And according to the photos they have on display by reception, it's caravans as well as motorhomes.
It's a lovely site, which we've been to a couple of times. However, this time there was an issue with a gang of young teenager boys running riot on the site whilst we were there. A couple of them were 'camping' with a young mum , who had large ear rings, stilettos and a onesy, in a large tent. The others came in from the town.
Police were called overnight and were returning the following day we were leaving.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
So for clarity, it’s not Motorhome length (size) that they are restricting, just a ban on tag axle Motorhome, is that correct? You can rock up in a 9m+ Phoenix with a single rear axle?

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Yes, just tag axle, you can have have a four wheel rear axle without problems, just no tags.
We were booked in for Bastille day and the weekend, "Non Aurevior Monsieur", it took me a month + to get my payment refunded through the Municipality. C'est la Vie :giggle:

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
We love La Fleche and been several times

could you poss do me a favour and ask them if no tag axel means caravans or motorhomes as well, as the 4/5 times we’ve been it’s all been in a tag motorhome

And is that only in certain parts of the season, ie; only high season

cheers
Al
Sorry Al, we've already left La Flesche. I'm pretty sure the new signs mean what they say, no tag axles. There were none when we were there.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
So for clarity, it’s not Motorhome length (size) that they are restricting, just a ban on tag axle Motorhome, is that correct? You can rock up in a 9m+ Phoenix with a single rear axle?
There was a huge Concorde on site but no tag axles.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
The CCP Aire is quite good and by a lake with a good walk around it.

However, it is quite a way out of town. A long walk, especially if you have any mobility problems.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
The CCP Aire is quite good and by a lake with a good walk around it.

However, it is quite a way out of town. A long walk, especially if you have any mobility problems.
There's nothing at town worth working for anyway.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
There's nothing at town worth working for anyway.
It has one of the best markets in the area. If you like French markets then timing a visit to match makes sense.

BTW there is “nothing” in many French towns. If you require “all singing and dancing” entertainment, or many restaurants and bars, provincial French towns are not necessarily the best choice.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
If you think La Fleche town is dead try Le Lude down the road a bit, lovely site right by the river, apart from the impressive Chateau and gardens nothing else much to see and the town is lifeless.
Oh and there ain't any fish in the river as far as my fishing experience went 🤣

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
It has one of the best markets in the area. If you like French markets then timing a visit to match makes sense.

BTW there is “nothing” in many French towns. If you require “all singing and dancing” entertainment, or many restaurants and bars, provincial French towns are not necessarily the best choice.
I've seen better

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I've seen better
If you are still talking about La Flèche, I agree.

We only stay there if we can catch their market which is worth visiting.

Having said that we just like to explore any small town or village. When we lived in France we used to visit Brocantes (en Anglais, car boot sales), because some of the villages they were held in had stunning architecture.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back