Camping car park card delivery (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2023
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 285
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Funsters. We are off to France on Thursday for our first ever motorhome trip to Normandy. I have joined ACSI to use their sites, but was recommended to join Camping Car Parks and looking at their site it says order the card on the app or website it will be delivered via a machine at one of its areas using a code supplied by them. Is this correct and do you have to say which area you will be visiting? Thanks in advance.

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
This doesn't answer your question directly however I recently lost my card and the replacement was issued to me, whilst on the phone to customer services, via the machine at the entrance to the site I was on. I think this would indicate they issue cards at which ever site you are at and do not need prior notification. Hope this helps.
Enjoy your first trip (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Juandeatatime
Sep 24, 2023
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 285
Exp
I'm a newbie
This doesn't answer your question directly however I recently lost my card and the replacement was issued to me, whilst on the phone to customer services, via the machine at the entrance to the site I was on. I think this would indicate they issue cards at which ever site you are at and do not need prior notification. Hope this helps.
Enjoy your first trip (y)
Hi Wolfie2 thanks for the quick reply. This does sound like as long as I have a code the card will be issued wherever we stay.

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2022
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail navajo
Exp
4 yrs
I would second the above comment, just use the terminal at your first stop with your code, they are very good and if you have any issues just call them why stood by the terminal and they will talk you through it.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes you can collect your card at the machine on site, they all have cards as you can buy your card there too. We forgot our card one year and they gave us a new one free at the machine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Wolfie2 thanks for the quick reply. This does sound like as long as I have a code the card will be issued wherever we stay.
That’s correct 👍or it certainly is from my limited experience, we are on our first trip using Camping Car Parks and the card was issued at our first stop, the machine is at the gate/barrier when you arrive and the button to press to print your card a is a grey line about 3/4 of the way down and not obvious on first look, or it was for us anyway. All told a good system as you can see how many free spaces there are so less stress.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
We collected our card from the machine at Chateaudun on Thursday evening. No problem, note the touch screen has a language option. DO NOT select that, look at the bottom of the screen and you will see a display that keeps changing language, it will display english asking if you a new user collecting your card, Select that, after that it's quite straight forward. It will dispense your card and you can then use it on the next reader just ahead of the display. It will open the barrier and your done. HTH
PS If you get stuck call the number on the display, although you may have to wait sometime for it to be answered.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back