Campervan stolen - please keep an eye out. (12 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Reminds me of the time my Dad's car got stolen and used in a ram raid. No news from the police a week later as to recovery when a friend mentioned it was parked in the back carpark of the police station next door to where they drank every evening. It had sat there all week with the windows down getting the interior soaked through in the rain. A swift conversation with the officer on the desk and a CID bod came downstairs to apologise that they had not been in touch, but the forensics were now done and he could collect the car. As he had been drinking, I drove it home and got an uncomfortably wet backside. Thankfully a close friend had an industrial carpet cleaner to dry the car out.

Upshot of it was they identified the scrotes that took it. One of whom was my Brother-in-law's nephew. Very difficult time and bad blood between the two families

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
WOW!! I'm so happy for you. What a relief it must be!

Disappointing regarding how the police have handled it, though. So much stress for you could've been avoided.

Good luck with the repairs and I hope you're back on the road again really soon xx

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
The van has been found.

Actually it had been found about the time I started this thread, but the police omitted to tell me. They still haven't told me - I only know now because the forensic lady going over the van for fingerprints etc rang me earlier today to ask a question about some of the contents. There is some damage - can't say much at the moment, but appears repairable.

Thank you to all for your support & sympathy & special thanks for the various offers of help, both offered & already delivered. The repairs look like being an insurance job, which means an entitlement to a courtesy car for a couple of weeks, but they are trying to arrange for something suitable to carry OH's electric wheelchair. That may delay things a bit, but I hope to know more tomorrow.

whoohoo, nothing better than to wake up to good news, starts the day off right, so chuffed for you..

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
if they had caught some one in it they wouldnt be finger printing
Could they have perhaps done a runner and got caught on foot. Fingerprints needed as proof of who was driving perhaps.
Just banging my gums here. Either way good that it was recovered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Glad it has been found, but very poor, non existent communication from the police. Think i would be sending a letter of complaint highlighting the stress for you both.
Hope Damage is sortd in a timely manner.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So glad it has been found and I hope the repairs are not as extensive as feared.

Here's hoping the insurance come up with a suitable vehicle for you to get around - I know how difficult it is to get an accessible vehicle that is suitable as they are geared to an individual.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Brilliant to hear it’s been found and hopefully the damage is simply cosmetic.

Really disappointed to read that the police don’t think it’s worth communicating this good bit of news directly to you .

Jun 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Quartet
The van has been found.

Actually it had been found about the time I started this thread, but the police omitted to tell me. They still haven't told me - I only know now because the forensic lady going over the van for fingerprints etc rang me earlier today to ask a question about some of the contents. There is some damage - can't say much at the moment, but appears repairable.

Thank you to all for your support & sympathy & special thanks for the various offers of help, both offered & already delivered. The repairs look like being an insurance job, which means an entitlement to a courtesy car for a couple of weeks, but they are trying to arrange for something suitable to carry OH's electric wheelchair. That may delay things a bit, but I hope to know more tomorrow.
Makes me wonder if ours has been found and is languishing in a pound somewhere. Assumed that we'd hear promptly if found to get it of their hands...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back