Campervan stolen - please keep an eye out. (20 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Sorry @TheCaller - no sign at Alford, Spilsby or Skeg industrial areas, although it was worth a try.

We’re home til Thursday if you need a ‘taxi’ service before then (my nickname in the village is ‘Patient transport Sarah’ 🙂)
Thank you for looking - that was very kind of you. Nothing I could find on the Louth industrial estate either.

Thank you for the taxi offer too. Fortunately we are in town, so the daily essentials are covered. The main disruption is to the plan to be stewarding at Southwell Folk Festival from Wednesday to Monday next weekend, with a brief nip up to Cleckheaton in the middle of it to MC a couple of concerts at their folk festival. It should have been a busy weekend! Looks like it's all off for me now. :cry:

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
We were in Louth earlier and had a good drive around the industrial estates, back streets and surrounding lanes.
Thanks for taking the time to do that - very kind of you.

I hope you are both well - long time no see!

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
La La Land
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Thanks for taking the time to do that - very kind of you.

I hope you are both well - long time no see!
We are both good, thanks. It has been a while!
Was it Scotland?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Quartet
My Globecar Campscout has been stolen overnight - 28th/29th June. Dark red, Reg M61 NBE. Please shout up if you happen to see it anywhere.
It's a Fiat Ducato LWB Maxi PVC. 16" wheels, ComfortMatic auto.

It probably has different plates already, but distinguishing marks are: Two roof mounted solar panels, round black 'Puck' type antenna centrally above the windscreen, paintwork scratched by 'keying' down the driver's side, fridge vents held on by cable ties. Tow bar. Despite what the Reg No. might lead you to think, it's a 2013 model.

I'll put some photos up when I remember where I stored them!
All my sympathy, going through the same thing... You don't think someone's got it in for Simons do you :rolleyes:

Mar 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L
My Globecar Campscout has been stolen overnight - 28th/29th June. Dark red, Reg M61 NBE. Please shout up if you happen to see it anywhere.

It probably has different plates already, but distinguishing marks are: Two roof mounted solar panels, round black 'Puck' type antenna centrally above the windscreen, paintwork scratched by 'keying' down the driver's side, fridge vents held on by cable ties. Tow bar. Despite what the Reg No. might lead you to think, it's a 2013 model.

Hope you get it back it it is quite distinctive. 🤞
Set of thieving twats

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019

So sorry to read this. Hoping that you’re soon reunited..we’d be devastated if we lost our Campscout.

Mar 19, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
That’s really awful Simon. The wife’s sister lives in Aswell street and we’re visiting next week so will keep an eye out. I expect it’s long gone but you never know.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

It’s a btard when this happenes, Louth like most area possibly have security camera’s if you know aprox what time you could ask neighbours if the have ring camera etc if they can check which direction the van went and of course if you have a rough time and direction inform the police ! Good luck with your search and we feel for you

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Found some pictures. Still not the ones I was looking for, but they give you an idea. Two were taken just after we got it, so no solar or antenna fitted, but the third one shows where they are now. The key scratching is on the sliding door & the panel to the rear of the door. There is a visible after-market camera above the rear doors.

View attachment 916700View attachment 916701View attachment 916702
Cor Blimey that’s a cracker, no wonder it was nicked.. hope you get it back.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
The van has been found.

Actually it had been found about the time I started this thread, but the police omitted to tell me. They still haven't told me - I only know now because the forensic lady going over the van for fingerprints etc rang me earlier today to ask a question about some of the contents. There is some damage - can't say much at the moment, but appears repairable.

Thank you to all for your support & sympathy & special thanks for the various offers of help, both offered & already delivered. The repairs look like being an insurance job, which means an entitlement to a courtesy car for a couple of weeks, but they are trying to arrange for something suitable to carry OH's electric wheelchair. That may delay things a bit, but I hope to know more tomorrow.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
The van has been found.

Actually it had been found about the time I started this thread, but the police omitted to tell me. They still haven't told me - I only know now because the forensic lady going over the van for fingerprints etc rang me earlier today to ask a question about some of the contents. There is some damage - can't say much at the moment, but appears repairable.

Thank you to all for your support & sympathy & special thanks for the various offers of help, both offered & already delivered. The repairs look like being an insurance job, which means an entitlement to a courtesy car for a couple of weeks, but they are trying to arrange for something suitable to carry OH's electric wheelchair. That may delay things a bit, but I hope to know more tomorrow.
Brilliant news.
Is it driveable? are you able to get to the meet and your music commitments (if that's what you want to do)?

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Brilliant news.
Is it driveable? are you able to get to the meet and your music commitments (if that's what you want to do)?
No, not immediately drivable. MHF meet not possible anyway for other reasons, but one of the two music events next weekend may be possible if I get a temporary vehicle in time. I have an offer of accommodation from the festival director of the festival where I am supposed to be concert MC on Friday & Saturday.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It will be interesting to find out how and when they got it , hoping they have also arrested someone

Hope the repairs go smoothly , unless you would prefer a write off then I wish you well for that 👍

Really good news that it hasn’t just vanished

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back