Campervan stolen - please keep an eye out. (24 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
My Globecar Campscout has been stolen overnight - 28th/29th June. Dark red, Reg M61 NBE. Please shout up if you happen to see it anywhere.
It's a Fiat Ducato LWB Maxi PVC. 16" wheels, ComfortMatic auto.

It probably has different plates already, but distinguishing marks are: Two roof mounted solar panels, round black 'Puck' type antenna centrally above the windscreen, paintwork scratched by 'keying' down the driver's side, fridge vents held on by cable ties. Tow bar. Despite what the Reg No. might lead you to think, it's a 2013 model.

I'll put some photos up when I remember where I stored them!

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Found some pictures. Still not the ones I was looking for, but they give you an idea. Two were taken just after we got it, so no solar or antenna fitted, but the third one shows where they are now. The key scratching is on the sliding door & the panel to the rear of the door. There is a visible after-market camera above the rear doors.

Overhead.jpg
Panels.jpg
Side.jpg

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Sorry to hear that,
Where was it stolen from? (area?)
Good luck
Vic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
So sorry to read this Simon, what an awful shock for you both. Have you tried posting on any facebook groups?

Also check neighbours ring doorbells for footage of the theft.

I’ve read previously that sometimes vans are parked up nearby to see if they have trackers on. Might be worth driving around any industrial units nearby?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Cr@p
So very sorry to read about that Simon, devastating for you
Wishing you all luck in getting it returned and relatively undamaged

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Have you tried posting on any facebook groups?
Not really on facebook, but if you are, please go ahead, or suggest where I might do.
Might be worth driving around any industrial units nearby?
Well, if I had a vehicle, I could. :( Might have a ride round the local one this afternoon on my bike.
Also check neighbours ring doorbells for footage of the theft.

Any CCTV around where you live - or video doorbells, etc…..?
No public CCTV; neither us or neighbours either side have video doorbells. Streetlights go off at midnight & the one nearest us has been broken for months anyway.
presumeably it was taken without keys
Yes - keys still in my jacket pocket. Fiat Ducatos are easy enough to break into if you know what you are doing. It was locked with immobiliser set, but that wouldn't stop a professional.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi Simon
Have the police shown any interest?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
TheCaller. As with others Simon, Rita and I are saddened to learn of the theft of your campervan. :cry:
Not only have they deprived you of your only source of transport, but they have also deprived Jane of her only means of getting about, outside the home.

I would hope that once the barstewards clearly see that it has been converted for disable use, that they might just park it up somewhere and leave it.............but I won't hold my breath. :(

Our thoughts are with you both right now.

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Have the police shown any interest?
Interest yes. Action, up to a point. They have checked ANPR records & it remains in the system for a 'stop' if seen, but I suspect a professional job, so I don't imagine anyone is driving about in it. So we know it hasn't been driven far unaltered, but that doesn't mean it isn't far away by now. Or it could still be parked up somewhere local.

Police say there have been a lot of vans nicked recently. Mostly Transits, which will be to nobody's surprise. Nicked for their engines apparently.

Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry TheCaller - no sign at Alford, Spilsby or Skeg industrial areas, although it was worth a try.

We’re home til Thursday if you need a ‘taxi’ service before then (my nickname in the village is ‘Patient transport Sarah’ 🙂)

Hope you have some good news soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back