Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
premier inns are just travel lodges & wrth 30 quid/night including parking. "Fluid Rates" is just scamming, same as the irish monkey.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
The electric self leveling pitches sound interesting.
1.5 miles away is Little Winnick,Hard standing. ehu. tv point full campsite facilities £36 high Season.

Another nice site in that that area is Higher Kessle Farm - walkable to Mevagissey or Heligan. £32/£38 without/with EHU peak.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Just back from 3 nights away at my fave CS, £5 a night, no electric which suits us fine. We had another guest last night which is a bit busy for us so we left this morning. 😁
IMG_20240731_200838252_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240731_200542313_HDR~2.jpg

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I had 3 over a 6 or 7 year period touring all over Europe. The originals have been rapidly dying off from tin worm but if they were still made I'd definitely have another one.
Camper UK have one sitting in the reception area of their show room. A conversation piece. Think it’s a G reg.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
The thing is though if you don't want to pay for a spot almost always on your own just stop at pubs , plenty of apps to see where they are. We recently spent 5 nights around York and Whitby and apart from the first night at York auction centre because that was where we wanted to be that cost £12 all the rest were completely free.
Thought you had to buy a meal in the pub in exchange for the free night

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The electric self leveling pitches sound interesting.
1.5 miles away is Little Winnick,Hard standing. ehu. tv point full campsite facilities £36 high Season.
and Richard's a decent guy (owner).(y)

Shifted our booking / deposit three times for us due to problems at home!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I am still getting over the trauma of paying £33 for 1 night after collecting our new van on Thursday. Consort don’t do tradeins so they give you a helpful guide of how to do the handover. I think because we also have daughter’s wedding on Saturday I may be a bit on Autopilot with my lists so it just didn’t click (my excuse).

It’s basically a very fancy longstay caravan park with a tiny touring bit in the middle. Absolutely immaculate. A little building with a laundry plus 2 self contained shower/loo cubicles. As the van was new with a diesel boiler , lithium etc we wanted/needed to try everything out before heading home Friday. There were 2 other Consorts for hab checks and a Vantage staying overnight so I think most of their custom might be from there!

Certainly won’t be staying there again however nice! We’d paid £130 for bed, breakfast and dinner at a hotel the night before and they’d upgraded the room!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thought you had to buy a meal in the pub in exchange for the free night
That is true but as I said we go out most nights for at least one meal a day when on holiday, so if we were paying for a site we would end up paying twice.
And for the most part they are more pleasnt.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
and Richard's a decent guy (owner).(y)

Shifted our booking / deposit three times for us due to problems at home!

Yes he is. Family business that also runs a secure storage site up the road at London Apprentice if anybody is interested.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I am still getting over the trauma of paying £33 for 1 night after collecting our new van on Thursday. Consort don’t do tradeins so they give you a helpful guide of how to do the handover. I think because we also have daughter’s wedding on Saturday I may be a bit on Autopilot with my lists so it just didn’t click (my excuse).

It’s basically a very fancy longstay caravan park with a tiny touring bit in the middle. Absolutely immaculate. A little building with a laundry plus 2 self contained shower/loo cubicles. As the van was new with a diesel boiler , lithium etc we wanted/needed to try everything out before heading home Friday. There were 2 other Consorts for hab checks and a Vantage staying overnight so I think most of their custom might be from there!

Certainly won’t be staying there again however nice! We’d paid £130 for bed, breakfast and dinner at a hotel the night before and they’d upgraded the room!
Murvi in Devon pay for the hotel and breakfast, in fact they even pay for a hotel if you arrange a visit to view their vans even if you then decide not to buy.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
There is a site which has various sized pitches from under 8m to "bleeding enormous" the under 8m in Aug is about £65. The bleeding enormous is £235 (two hundred and thirty five pounds, no typo) per night ! It would appear that being really large means big bills !

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
There is a site which has various sized pitches from under 8m to "bleeding enormous" the under 8m in Aug is about £65. The bleeding enormous is £235 (two hundred and thirty five pounds, no typo) per night ! It would appear that being really large means big bills !
Where’s that?

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
It all boils down to where you want to be, literally, at the end of the day.

This week I am paying £16 a night on a THS (ehu available at an extra £6 a night). It's not far from home and it's in a nice location.

August Bank holiday week, I will be staying at CAMC Cheltenham for a couple of nights between meets and paying £20 a night inc.ehu.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
It all boils down to where you want to be, literally, at the end of the day.

This week I am paying £16 a night on a THS (ehu available at an extra £6 a night). It's not far from home and it's in a nice location.

August Bank holiday week, I will be staying at CAMC Cheltenham for a couple of nights between meets and paying £20 a night inc.ehu.
Indeed it does. Usually do the Plymouth routes over as we can drive their easily on the day. However we are doing the Newhaven route shortly with morning departure, more of a trek, so thought we would do a site the night before. CAMC's nearest was £40! So looked at the Travel Lodge Newhaven almost adjacent to the Terminal and for a Sunday it was only £40 as well so guess what?
I know you can pitch up in the CP at the Terminal for nowt but we do like a few comforts. Even our pitch in Normandy has its own individual toilet/shower pod! Worth remembering Sundays are cheap for Premier Inns and Travel Lodges.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Indeed it does. Usually do the Plymouth routes over as we can drive their easily on the day. However we are doing the Newhaven route shortly with morning departure, more of a trek, so thought we would do a site the night before. CAMC's nearest was £40! So looked at the Travel Lodge Newhaven almost adjacent to the Terminal and for a Sunday it was only £40 as well so guess what?
I know you can pitch up in the CP at the Terminal for nowt but we do like a few comforts. Even our pitch in Normandy has its own individual toilet/shower pod! Worth remembering Sundays are cheap for Premier Inns and Travel Lodges.

I've always thought it looks a bit odd when you see a Motorhome parked up outside a hotel. I can see the sense in it, but it still looks odd.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
So arrived at Corbridge THS. At Tynedale rfc

First time trying camping and caravan club. As promised no booking required just turned up.

Very friendly reception and plenty of space.

Corbridge is a revelation on the banks of the Tyne. Regular buses into Newcastle from the village and a train station as well.

All for £12 a night. So far can only recommend

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I’d have to be desperate to pay more then £20 a night to park my van somewhere…

Never paid more then that on an all singing site in Europe…😎
Just met up with my sons friends in north Wales static.
They paid 20 per night for a tent and rhuallt country park...?
Hennleys in Towyn wanted 30 per night..for a TENT...

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now

First time trying camping and caravan club. As promised no booking required just turned up.

Corbridge is a revelation on the banks of the Tyne. Regular buses into Newcastle from the village and a train station as well.

Can I just correct your posting please.

What is should say is, "It's grim up North". As the Eagles said "Call someplace Paradise, kiss it goodbye"

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Just met up with my sons friends in north Wales static.
They paid 20 per night for a tent and rhuallt country park...?
Hennleys in Towyn wanted 30 per night..for a TENT...

There was some festival or something I was looking at before, they wanted £20 for a tent pitch of 8m x 5m and £30 for a Motorhome pitch of 8m x 5m. Both grass, both no services. How does that work then ? Needless to say, passed on that.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Good butchers in Corbridge, with sausages and mutton pies. Well there was.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back