Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
It's called being a social animal (or not) That's your choice. You'll never get advice about motorhome matters on facebook that match the quality of the advice that you get in THIS club.

Others don't criticise you for your lifestyle choices. Why then did you say, "Clubs are simply an excuse to create a "Clique" that attempts to make you feel somehow superior and to rip you off"? Are you a qualified behavioural psychologist or do you simply have an inferiority complex?
What was it it I said, oh i know, I said "to make you feel somehow superior" and what did you say "the quality of the advice that you get in THIS club"
I pretty much rest my case, you are indeed sir one of those club members that think they are somehow superior, my opinion was borne out of first hand experience. You actually think your superior, your comment regarding my "inferiority" supports my view.
This medium is NOT a club, it's a discussion platform where people from all walks of life air their views on a variety of "Camping" matters.
Camping clubs being one of those matters being discussed, I simply aired my view, you on the other hand saw fit to categorize me as having a deficiency.
I dont mind speaking to the guy parked next to me whatever his nationality is, but please dont bring your chairs and a bottle around.

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.
Not you as well, telling me that my experience is of no consequence and matters not.
You dont know me, you know nothing of my life experience.
I say again, my comments are borne out of first hand experience.
Explain why i dont know ?

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
Yes it is . We have regular club rallies and you even get a name badge and sticker šŸ˜‚ ! Definitely a club šŸ‘šŸ»
Wow, a Badge and a Sticker.
What am i missing guy's, i dont get it.
Is it the parking up in a field ? is it the sitting outside wrapped up with warm coats and blankets ?
Explain it to me, what is a Club Rally, no seriously, i need to know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is it the parking up in a field ? is it the sitting outside wrapped up with warm coats and blankets ?
I think we have established that you are not really the type to attend a rally "I have never been to a rally (what is the point of that) nor do i intend to," you also say that you never use your van in the UK so that would seriously limit the choice of fun rallies anyway.

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
I think we have established that you are not really the type to attend a rally "I have never been to a rally (what is the point of that) nor do i intend to," you also say that you never use your van in the UK so that would seriously limit the choice of fun rallies anyway.
Absolutely, I am not the "Type" to go to a rally, because we are not keen on "Club" mentality.
So, never having been to a rally I dont know what goes on at a rally, which in turn does not give me any incentive to plan going to one.
I hope my reasoning goes some way to explain why.
As for not using our van in the UK.
We enjoy using our van and visiting towns and villages, we find that very difficult in this country because......................
Camping sites are more often than not situated some distance from the towns or villages, too far for us to walk and far to dangerous for us to cycle there. In the UK dedicated cycle paths are few and far between and do not appear to visit campsites.
This is not the case where we travel on the continent.
We also take the view that if we want to visit York, Blackpool, Norwich, Oxford or Padstow we would simply book a hotel in that town and take the car and not have to worry about how far from town we were.
Those are my reasons for NOT using the van in the UK.
I hope that explains why i feel the way i do.
Thank's for listening.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
In answer to your last question, firstly I can confirm I have never been to a ā€˜Club Rallyā€™ either run by Funsters or any of the main Camping clubs, but a rally is a group of like minded people meeting up to chew the fat and enjoy a few hours or so in other peoples company, itā€™s not a dating game, an excuse for a piss up or a meet up to decide whoā€™s got the best van. Sounds like you use your Motorhome purely as transport to interesting places and to allow you to ā€˜get awayā€™ no problem with that and each to their own.
I would not refuse to go to a Rally of photographers or wildlife related group but I wouldnā€™t be going purely to look for friends to sit around the fire pit with.šŸ˜Š

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
There is a problem in general with modern management and I am not sure where it has come from. Management seem to have become ultra punitive bullying and rude to staff across most industries. I once visited a customer who referred to staff as ā€˜Muppetsā€™ I preffered not to do business with that company.

On compassion it is not weak or airyfairy as some people think it is compassion can be fierce it can be compassionate to fire someone.

My personal ethos is that people go to work to do their best, people will never do what you want in a way you want 100% but just work with them and guide them, often if you treat staff with respect and kindness you find that they will do much more than they need to and you discover thier skills, this is why I do not agree with 1-2-1 or 360 feed back as it often takes more away from an individual and undermines than enables. As I say attitude to staff is not unique to CAMC.

The issues probably stems from a system where we tell people who go in to management when they were. at school and unversity were told they are amazing unique and the best.
Excellent post, I was taught "One Volunteer is better than 10 Pressed men" always worked for me.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Itā€™s gone!!šŸ˜¢
Exp
4 yearsā€¦.
When we use our van it is to go to the continent, i dont want to be bothered by other campers, screaming kids or dogs.
Strange as Iā€™ve spent months travelling all over Europe in our van and seen screaming kids and dogs in most other countries, would be good to know where I can avoid themšŸ‘šŸ‘

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Absolutely, I am not the "Type" to go to a rally, because we are not keen on "Club" mentality.
So, never having been to a rally I dont know what goes on at a rally, which in turn does not give me any incentive to plan going to one.
We enjoy using our van and visiting towns and villages, we find that very difficult in this country because......................
Camping sites are more often than not situated some distance from the towns or villages, too far for us to walk and far to dangerous for us to cycle there. In the UK dedicated cycle paths are few and far between and do not appear to visit campsites.
We also take the view that if we want to visit York, Blackpool, Norwich, Oxford or Padstow we would simply book a hotel in that town and take the car and not have to worry about how far from town we were.
Thank's for listening.

Youā€™re missing outā€¦ā€¦York, Blackpool, Oxford & Padstow all have good sites within easy walking distance šŸ˜ƒ

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
My preffered club is (no I am not sharing they are all mine :)

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 17.56.10.png

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
In answer to your last question, firstly I can confirm I have never been to a ā€˜Club Rallyā€™ either run by Funsters or any of the main Camping clubs, but a rally is a group of like minded people meeting up to chew the fat and enjoy a few hours or so in other peoples company, itā€™s not a dating game, an excuse for a piss up or a meet up to decide whoā€™s got the best van. Sounds like you use your Motorhome purely as transport to interesting places and to allow you to ā€˜get awayā€™ no problem with that and each to their own.
I would not refuse to go to a Rally of photographers or wildlife related group but I wouldnā€™t be going purely to look for friends to sit around the fire pit with.šŸ˜Š
"Sounds like you use your Motorhome purely as transport to interesting places"
Yes, pretty much.
"I would not refuse to go to a Rally of photographers or wildlife related group"
That's not for us either, as for Photography, we are keen Underwater Photographers and go to great lengths and considerable expense in our pursuit for "new to science" new species of Nudibranch's.
Diving in groups with other people does not give us the freedom to dive when and where we like, to dive on our own we have to hire our own boat and boat staff, at our disposal and not for use by other divers.
This costs us a lot of money, travelling to the other side of the planet for 2 or 3 months at a time and diving with a group of fellow divers who simply want to splash about and talk about how deep they dive is not for us.
We are not superior to anyone, not better than anyone, just different with a specific focus on what we want to do.

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
Strange as Iā€™ve spent months travelling all over Europe in our van and seen screaming kids and dogs in most other countries, would be good to know where I can avoid themšŸ‘šŸ‘
Your using the wrong search words when looking for sites to visit.
Try the word "Mini" when searching.
This does'nt filter out the large sites completely but it does throw up the smaller sites.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
"Sounds like you use your Motorhome purely as transport to interesting places"
Yes, pretty much.
"I would not refuse to go to a Rally of photographers or wildlife related group"
That's not for us either, as for Photography, we are keen Underwater Photographers and go to great lengths and considerable expense in our pursuit for "new to science" new species of Nudibranch's.
Diving in groups with other people does not give us the freedom to dive when and where we like, to dive on our own we have to hire our own boat and boat staff, at our disposal and not for use by other divers.
This costs us a lot of money, travelling to the other side of the planet for 2 or 3 months at a time and diving with a group of fellow divers who simply want to splash about and talk about how deep they dive is not for us.
We are not superior to anyone, not better than anyone, just different with a specific focus on what we want to do.
Underwater Photography is a great pastime and I applaud you for your efforts to find locations. Itā€™s not a pastime that lends itself to big groups, that could be dangerous. I wish I had the chance to learn underwater swimming when I was younger, the sea is a fantastic resource for photography and the enjoyment of nature šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I hope this is typo . Please donā€™t tell me this is true.
Ā£120 to cancel a booking ! What a joke .
Apparently this off the shelf booking software is riddled with issues and we were pre warned this would be the case .
Swifter. If you read my thread, you'll see it is indeed correct.

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
Underwater Photography is a great pastime and I applaud you for your efforts to find locations. Itā€™s not a pastime that lends itself to big groups, that could be dangerous. I wish I had the chance to learn underwater swimming when I was younger, the sea is a fantastic resource for photography and the enjoyment of nature šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
Clownfish_6619.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thank's for listening.
I get what you say about the van in the UK and sites not being where you want them to be basically but we don't like hotels so make it work for us as well as travelling abroad, a lot of the issues with sites is because they are all caravan sites so are set up for folks who use a car, booking sites can be a bit of a pain when you don't plan far enough ahead (we don't) and yes they are often in the wrong place, that said though we have just had a few days in the lakes with friends staying right in Ambleside in a car park with a tap and a dump point and walking the hills, my sort of a place but we are all different.

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
staying right in Ambleside in a car park with a tap and a dump point and walking the hills, my sort of a place but we are all different.
Yea, that would not do me.
I want good facilities where i park up.
We like to get up and get out on our bikes, we can do 40km a day, get back to camp, shower, eat settle down in front of a screen.
The fewer people or vans where we park up the better.
As you say, we are all different, thankfully.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yea, that would not do me.
I want good facilities where i park up.
We like to get up and get out on our bikes, we can do 40km a day, get back to camp, shower, eat settle down in front of a screen.
The fewer people or vans where we park up the better.
As you say, we are all different, thankfully.
Oh the facilities were great (y) but we took them home when we left :giggle: we leave home with enough water for 5-7 days, black tank that will do 2 weeks and grey a week or more so nothing to service till we were home this trip, yes we like to cycle, walk, explore or whatever fits where we are, we don't mind a bit of company though;)

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I'm just waiting for their system to be hacked as it sounds so poorly made.

What was it it I said, oh i know, I said "to make you feel somehow superior" and what did you say "the quality of the advice that you get in THIS club"
I pretty much rest my case, you are indeed sir one of those club members that think they are somehow superior, my opinion was borne out of first hand experience. You actually think your superior, your comment regarding my "inferiority" supports my view.
This medium is NOT a club, it's a discussion platform where people from all walks of life air their views on a variety of "Camping" matters.
Camping clubs being one of those matters being discussed, I simply aired my view, you on the other hand saw fit to categorize me as having a deficiency.
I dont mind speaking to the guy parked next to me whatever his nationality is, but please dont bring your chairs and a bottle around.
Me thinks you protest too much. I think today it's called digging a hole.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back