CAMC (Devitt insurance services) Motorhome renewal madness (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 13, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B698
Exp
Hi All

I recently had my insurance renewal quote from CAMC for our MH. I know they have all got e up lately so was not too suprised to see it had gone from £475 to £590. On reading through the renewal I did notice an error in the year of the MH , they had it as 2019 and its a Aug 2020 and I thought I would inform them that that I had retired this year (at the young age of 58) so the occupation was now wrong.
Well blow me they have just called me back with the revised quote of £759!! I asked them to explain and justify the increase but the poor call centre operator didn't know as it was just figure thrown up on his screen. The insurer CAMC uses is Ageas and we are supposed to get a double figure discount on their normal premiums so I have asked that gets looked at by a manager .
And now the killer blow they have just come back from reviewing the policy and the figure is now £1130!! . Needless to say I told them to sling their hook.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All

I recently had my insurance renewal quote from CAMC for our MH. I know they have all got e up lately so was not too suprised to see it had gone from £475 to £590. On reading through the renewal I did notice an error in the year of the MH , they had it as 2019 and its a Aug 2020 and I thought I would inform them that that I had retired this year (at the young age of 58) so the occupation was now wrong.
Well blow me they have just called me back with the revised quote of £759!! I asked them to explain and justify the increase but the poor call centre operator didn't know as it was just figure thrown up on his screen. The insurer CAMC uses is Ageas and we are supposed to get a double figure discount on their normal premiums so I have asked that gets looked at by a manager .
And now the killer blow they have just come back from reviewing the policy and the figure is now £1130!! . Needless to say I told them to sling their hook.

Pretend the calls did not happen and send a cheque for the £590 with a covering letter dated yesterday and quoting their renewal reference, assuming the RH and LH are not communicating.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Mine has always been below £500.

Just had renewal £1440. How the **** does that work. 🤬🤬🤬

Not with caravan and motorhome club

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
I queried why an increase when I retired, they said the van will probably be used more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I think they must play darts during their break then add a couple of zeros onto the end. Our insurance went up by £48. When we bought our van new in 2018 the insurance was £306, now 6 years later it's £389 (and that includes UK breakdown cover) and the van is valued at £8k more than we paid for it.
We limit ourselves to 6,000 miles a year. They can't be very good at darts at Caravan Guard ;)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hi All

They obviously didn’t want to insure your van ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back