Buying gas bottle and adapter in Central Europe (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Semi-newbie to motorhomes
My gas bottle gas finished and the regulator thing is Japanese anyway, so I'm thinking to buy a new bottle here in Romainia because to my knowledge at least they share the same fitment as the majority of European countries.

Any things to look out for? Where would be the sort of place I can buy the regulator? Same place as the petrol stations etc that sell the gas?

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
My gas bottle gas finished and the regulator thing is Japanese anyway, so I'm thinking to buy a new bottle here in Romainia because to my knowledge at least they share the same fitment as the majority of European countries.

Any things to look out for? Where would be the sort of place I can buy the regulator? Same place as the petrol stations etc that sell the gas?
Pertol stations will be expensive, smaller shops have the bottles outside in a locked cage. Expect to pay 80 lei for the gas ad 150 lei ish for the bottle. About £41-42 all in. Shops like auto parts and small rural mini supermarkets sell the butane regulator that fits on the bottle. Don't forget with each bottle you get a gasket, you will need is as regulators don't have it.
Also remote areas are expensive to.
Where are you at the moment?

OP
OP
TobyQuest
Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Pertol stations will be expensive, smaller shops have the bottles outside in a locked cage. Expect to pay 80 lei for the gas ad 150 lei ish for the bottle. About £41-42 all in. Shops like auto parts and small rural mini supermarkets sell the butane regulator that fits on the bottle. Don't forget with each bottle you get a gasket, you will need is as regulators don't have it.
Also remote areas are expensive to.
Where are you at the moment?
Thanks Raul. I'm currently in Constanza, and heading in the direction of Bulgaria down the coast.

Price not too important, main thing I don't want any problems with the wrong regulator or end up with a bottle I can't refill in another country easily etc

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks Raul. I'm currently in Constanza, and heading in the direction of Bulgaria down the coast.

Price not too important, main thing I don't want any problems with the wrong regulator or end up with a bottle I can't refill in another country easily etc
If you heading towards BG and GR, they use same regulator fitting. In Constanta you will have many of choices for gas and regulator, it’s a tourist hot spot so keep your wits about. Try Rompetrol, Petrom or any small garages they will have the gas outside and regulator inside.
Gas regulator- regulator de gaz pentru butelie
Gas bottle with gas- butelie de gpl 11kg cu tot cu butelie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TobyQuest
Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Thanks Raul.

I like around a few places there but the gas cylinder were either too big or too wide.
So I'm in Bulgaria now, will look around need about 4 to 8kg really in a more tall than wide type cylinder

OP
OP
TobyQuest
Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Anyone know the name of a big Leroy Merlin, B♤Q equivalent in Bulgaria

Everything seems to be very small and sparse.
Can only find gas at some petrol stations so far and the bottles are 10kg, I need smaller size

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back