Burstner lyseo 684

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
looking
Looking at vans today came across a used 684 seemed to tick a few boxes. Anyone have one with real world experience?

Does the drop down bed rattle? Will a few sponges stop the bathroom door rattling?

Everything else looked spot on is there anything I need to look out for?

Thanks

Martin

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
What's the age and mileage? We have a 690, new from 2022. It's a great MH but has a few minor issues. Quality is generally very good (with a few exceptions). Drop down bed has worked flawlessly since new but have no idea if the rattles we get are coming from it (I suspect the island table and the fridge and the dreaded Michelin camper tyres). Yes, sponge will eliminate the shower door rattle (we use sections of pipe insulation foam cut down the middle). If you have the opposing bench seats like ours, then I recommend you place the seat backs behind the seat bottoms when parked up and not on top as they seem to be placed by the factory. This will give you another couple of inches thigh support, which makes all the difference. Otherwise, a nice van but watch out for the gas locker and rear locker lock assemblies. They are made entirely of plastic and if they break you are talking close to £200 to replace....each, and you have to make it explicit that you want the lock barrel as we'll or you will just get the assembly and no barrel!). Also, careful with screwing anything into the rear garage wall facing the shower, if the one you're looking at has the combined toilet/wardrobe/shower area (one of the things we really love about our Burstner). The distance between the front face of the laminate in the garage and the shower wall is only about 15mm....ask me how I know! Otherwise a very nice van.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
looking
Thanks for the reply, the van is 2023 not sure on the mileage but looking at the tyres it doesn’t seem to have done a lot .

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Also, be careful with the 10 year habitation warranty from Burstner. They insist that it is done annually, no earlier and no later than one month of the registration date, so check the 2024 one was done at the right time and make sure you book early with a Burstner dealer to get the next one done. My closest Burstner dealer gives priority to customers who purchased their vehicle from them and as I didn't, I have to book the hab check at least three months ahead to ensure I can get it done within the time frame specified by Burstner.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back